Cleaning BiTurbo Exhaust - A55

I have seen many post's about cleaning exhausts, and many different ways of cleaning them.

Anything specific for cleaning the Biturbo?

I have read people holding their stock exhausts in fire to melt away the crap, pouring gas into the pipe, carb cleaner, drain cleaner.... many things.

Puting my biturbo in a fire doesn't sound right.

Any advise?

Re: Cleaning BiTurbo Exhaust - A55

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum - and who ever was going to call me out... i already apologized

anyone?

Oil's Not For Smoking /

Have patience - someone will answer and hopefully they'll provide the right answer. I know nothing about biturbo.

My Biturbo is not old enough to need cleaning, but definitely do not put it, or any other pipe, stock or aftermatket, in the fire. The rivets that hold the can on can be drilled out, then you superglue nuts to the inside, and use machine screws to reattach the can. Clean the pipe with Castrol Superclean, or Greased Lightning from Home Depot, being careful not to get it on your hands or in your eyes. Either one of these products is great for removing oil and carbon deposits, they are like super strength oven cleaner. As for putting a pipe in the fire, I have no idea where that came from, although I did find a reference to it in a book from the early '70s about how to maintain your dirt bike, if you were way out on the trail far from civilization, with a plugged up pipe. Contrary to what almost everybody (except donp) says, the Biturbo is a decent pipe, and should last many years. It also looks great on my Sprint, instead of one of those technowhatever curly q pipes. I would recommend it as a replacement for anybody who has a Tomos with one of those catalytic pipes. Peace. Jerry.

why do you have to clean it, you have a new tomos. Unless you have put like 3000 miles on the pipe, then just put gas in it and light it on fire. Sometimes people just use a coathanger and sit for like 30 hours trying to clean em out. You can take a propane torch, well mapp is better and heat it up and just bng it out.

I just noticed you have a brand new moped. You do not need to worry about cleaning that pipe for a long long time if you premix at 40:1. When it finally does need cleaning, remove it, remove the can, fill the pipe full of Superclean or Greased Lightning, and let it soak. It will come out spotlessly clean, with no damage to the pipe. you may also need to repack it with fiberglass. Then you can replace those rivets with some really trick looking allen head screws. But like I said, all that is a long ways down the road, probably years from now. Peace. Jerry.

The baffles on stock mufflers clog with carbon fairly easy, the bi-turbo and most after market pipes are hollow with a fiberglass packed silencer at the end thus are much more resistant to clogging. What i'd do is wait until you have the exhaust off to decarbonize your exhaust port and then just inspect the header for carbon and make sure the packing hasn't blown out.

awesome - thanks for the advice folks. I wasn't planning on cleaning it out any time soon as I have only put about 400 miles on the biturbo itself. She's running well, and i feel good about it.

Thanks again

You are correct. BTW, I believe it was your idea about replacing the rivets with screws, seems like I saw it in one of your posts on another moped forum. Peace. Jerry.

« Go to Topic — end of thread