1st ride in sf and totally ate it.

just got my moped when for a quick ride throttle kinda stuck while trying to brake. totally ate it. and now im kicking it with my knee up. yay me.

Re: 1st ride in sf and totally ate it.

on a ciao? at the creature ride or in general?

feel better.

then, fix your bike.

then, we shall ride crash free.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Sorry to hear that Alex. My bro had his first ride last night and almost bought it by misjudging a curve. Get well soon dude!

What is it about San Fransisco and wrecking?

Off hand I can think of Harold, Deena, Motobrokane (Josh), and now you that all have done this. I'm sure there's more.

Maybe SanFran's got alot to gawk at. Keep your eyes ahead! hahaa

Heal up, and get back in that saddle and show your bike who's boss!

---_DeeZy_

Everyone's bound to eat it sooner or later...at least she got it out of the way early.

every where u eat it just as much they just go faster

i used to do it every day in the winter (our road=ice) but it was winter so huge coat about 2 inches thick and only going 25

WTF I mean Damn! I've always wanted to go there but now it's all gone. Think about other people before you just go ahead and eat a major city! Sheesh! Greedy bastard.

an easy spill once in a blue moon keeps you on your toes and makes you more cautious about road conditions and traffic situations. it is a good experience to have.

There are old riders and there are bold riders but there are very few old bold riders.

well, the street car rails is one reason a lot of times...

also, a lot of traffic, cars, bikes, people, alcohol...

i had my slide stick once, and the bike kinda took off and fell on its side... those old carbs...

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

WELCOME TO THE CLUB! GET WELL SOON!

Almost everyone I know here in SF ate it on their first moped ride, me included. I don't know this guy, but when we ride in a big group, we tend to ride very close to each other and quite disorganized. After a while you get used with the flow of creature group riding. Train tracks have taken their tall many time with most of us as well.

yes on a ciao and just in general.

don't forget about bill and his 2 car collision. a lot of drivers esp taxis like to jump the gun on red lights. they just wait for the other light to turn yellow and they're already making their way through the intersection. i've gotten stuck on the tracks once doing doubles. got lucky though and just stayed on it till I stopped. it's like a rip tide, go with it or you'll go down fighting.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

come ride with the sunset riders wed. night. read the post

I know there's trolly tracks in SF and the tracks in Philly made me come damn close to biting it twice. First time I absent mindedly drifted onto the tracks, my rear wheel when out from under me and I went skidding into oncoming traffic. I wobbled and fishtailed all over the road but managed to recover with nothing but a sore foot from slamming it into the ground trying not to fall over. Since then I've been a bit more careful.

« Go to Topic — end of thread