Just bought a Suzuki FA50- Thoughts/Feelings

Hey Everyone,

I just bought a Suzuki FA50 that runs and rides.

I was wandering if anyone had any suggestions for it? Does anyone have one? Anything cool i can do to it? IS it good, bad, ugly?

Now i am replacing the cylinder and touching it up...Thinking about new exhaust?

See pics on my profile...

Re: Just bought a Suzuki FA50- Thoughts/Feelings

Wow, that's a good looking FA. The engines are well built and run extremely smooth. They are very reliable as well. The foot pegs are well off the ground and provide for good cornering. The seat is made of nice dense foam making it very comfortable. The Bad: You sit on top of the rear wheel making this one of the most unstable bikes I've ever ridden, be careful of loose gravel or any other slippery surfaces. There is a lack of performance parts available for it. (you don't want to go over 30 on it anyway). The foot pegs are weak, be gentle too them and they will last.

This bike over all is a great daily rider and comfortable enough to ride long distances. The stock exhaust is very expensive and I would be curious to see if a Tomos exhaust could be made to fit. It would be a better looking exhaust and stock tomos exhaust should be available cheap.

Thanks Wiffle Ball...good to know.

Zeke aka ilikenamechanges /

wow that thing is mint u really can't do much more for it

and as far as go fast parts u can weld and do some custom junk also Chad Burke (http://quarterkick.com/) said he might be getting some kits in for these in, he said maybe this week or next maybe then again he might not i really don't know

Zeke aka ilikenamechanges /

and u might be able to put on a Suzuki dirt bike top end on one of those never seen it done but i have heard it can so idk

Good starter bike. When I had mine, I could get it up to around 32 mph. Not much has been done to these bikes. I also would think a custom exhaust mod would help. and opening up the carb and intake could help the top end.

Be very careful because the front end can lose traction and slide out. stay with weight on the front end and make sure that you have it properly oiled up.

Thanks Joel,

What is the proper oil? do i fill the oil each time i fill with gas?

nice lookin' bike. i haven't seen many in the US with the legshields installed.

Very nice - I like the leg shields - they make the bike look finished.

If you are honestly fishing for suggestions, I suggest that you make a bracket to move the headlight down - closer to the front wheel.

I have an Express that's similar to this, and the Johnny Five headlight arrangement pissed me off; on top of looking a bit top-heavy (which doesn't matter), the headlight was right in the line of sight of the contact point of the front wheel.

I moved the headlight down, and my Express is still way ugly. On your bike, though, it looks like an easy job for a cool-looking mod, and you'll be able to see what you're running over.

two stroke oil goes under the seat. There is an oil level gauge on the side of the seat pan, it will last you a lot of fill-ups. Most of these oil gauges I've seen have broken though, the seals went bad so the gauge face fills with oil and you cant read it. Look for a dark circle on the side of the metal "bucket' your seat goes on top of. That is your oil gauge and when the oil goes down enough so that it's no longer flooding the face of it it will give you a reading, You may just want to pull the oil cap off and check it though. I'm not sur what goes in the transmission anymore, I'll have to look it up but I think I put

ATF in mine.

Yeah i was excited to find it in this condition...with the fenders...

I have found a brand new cylinder and head for it, but i am not sure if i will get the return from it other than it looking real nice...the exhaust is in great shape, but off the bike right now so it is super loud...

« Go to Topic — end of thread