attn 17mm bing owners!!

hey guys i need a lil help with this. i am looking for jetting info on a puch maxi with a 17mm bing. I am looking for the jet sizes that i should start out with. everything is stock except for the exhaust. i also have one more question, is the 14mm bing needle compatible with the 17mm bing? i have tred lloking for info everywhere and i can't find anything thanks!!!

Re: attn 17mm bing owners!!

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Bump to help a brotha out.

I want to know more about these 17mm bings too.

Cleats Onionpockets /

First tell me this, what kind of intake are you using it with?

yeah, don't you need the 17mm intake from the mag.-x to go with that carb?

Cleats Onionpockets /

Yes indeed, either that or something fabricated, as these don't fit casually onto the stock intake manifold, and the manifolds that you can get from the online shops don't quite work.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

I've got the magnum X S-shaped intake that is all proper-like, and I think Aaron does as well (not positive though).

Yeah good ole Handy Bikes hooked a brother up. Don't worry i almost had one fabricated to spec, I wasn't sweating too much.

Mijunkin i forgot to ask you what size jet you are running. oh nevermind you have a metrakit on yours i forgot about that. maybe i will talk to benji see what he says.

Am I the only stock maxi rider with a 17mm bing? This is crazy.

i ride stock maxi with a 14 bing but i recently got a 17 and was also wondering about jetting before i bother putting it on. is the reason for the different manifold just the wider back end?

yeah the bottom edge gets in the way of the fins.

the float needle is longer on the 17, not too many compatible parts between the two.

Old School Brent /

Aaron, I have a Maxi with a Magnum high torque head & cylinder, that is ported (intake & exhaust)and a Tecno boss, using the 17mm Bing. The current jet is a 96.

I think you should do a lil' porting to your cylinder to get the most out of your carb.

If you are not going to port it, and leave it stock, then start in the 70's

1211332767_100_2833.jpg

Old School Brent /

Here is the intake port.

1211332926_100_2832.jpg

yo tyrode you sure that it is the float needle that is longer and not the metering needle? it uses the same float and float bowl. and everywhere thet sells the float needle say it is for the 12, 14, 15, and 17. so i assumed it would work.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

My 17mm bing is going on my magnum, stock. I traded the metrakit for some project goodies. But I haven't messed with it at all. Been working on my rigid project, and getting my beater maxi ready for kzoo.

I'll let you know about jetting when I get time to mess with my magnum. I haven't ridden it in a while. It is a sad and lonely magnum.

yeah my maxi is the same way right now. i just sit and stare at her with a lil pain in my chest everytime i pull into my parking lot. but soon she will be shredding again. i am hoping for at least 5-7 mph more outta this carb. i might even port it if i am feeling saucey!

« Go to Topic — end of thread