UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!

my puch magnum was running great this morning, so i got some energy, and decided to change out my 30mph speedo,with the 40mph i just got.everything went well, or so i thought............ new speedo worked, as far as i could tell spinning the cable. i put it all back together, and i'm thinking see paul your not such a putz!! wrong i am a putz. now after working my but off getting this thing to run mint.(plug chop is golden brown, new exhaust, just topped off the air in tires, all set to cruize, and this happens. i go to start it, and nothing. it cranks over , but not starting. WHY???????????????????????????? cecked for fuel flow, looks great, i looked the whole run of wiring from back to front, from what an putz can see, all connections are good. pulled the plug, and it was wet. check. can anyone tell me what this key setup does on a magnum? there seems to be three positions. are they for the lights only? or do you turn it a certain way to start it? i checked all bulbs, all are fine.there wasn't really any wires i could have screwed up replacing the damn speedo....PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! paul

Re: UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!

david f martin /

Were the connections on the back of the old speedo EXACTLY the same as on the new one? Maybe you have something hooked up wrong.

If your bike was running fine before you switched the speedo, the speedo would be the prime suspect.

david

The plugs wet , but do you have spark,?

i thought they were the exact same connections. i'll have to look tommorrow david. what could be different about them?? if i recall correctly it was just two plug in wires, and i'm pretty sure i tried switching them to see what was up. thanks for replying...............paul

david f martin /

You said something about the key setup. Are you talking about an ignition switch on the speedo?

david

Paul,

Check the bulb in your new speedo! Beleive it or not, some mopeds won`t run if the speedo bulb is burned out!!

Ike

i;m not sure david. it looks to me as a ignition switch setup. a couple of wires go to it. they are the same wires that runto the speedo light. just making a complete circuit i guess?? i will check for spark tommorrow, but why would i lose it all of a sudden. i mean your talking within a hour or so of switching speedos. doesn't make sense to me.should i go back to the old working speedo? after looking it over a thousand times today it doesn't seem like i knocked off a wire by mistake..................paul

ATTN:TABPAT - Puch Magnum Limited ?

Sounds like you have a Puch Magnum Limited ? You must have switched a wire or knocked one loose. TabPat has a Limited, do a serch on TABPAST and then email home for the correct wiring connections

Re: ATTN:TABPAT - Puch Magnum Limited ?

sdo a serach on TABPAT

man zip.. your starting to type like me

david f martin /

Were there any wires attached to the hardware holding the speedo? Did you hook those up, too?

david

well i'm almost positive it's a magnum mk2. i have already emailed tabpat for info just in case. i will checked today for spark, and any loose wires i might have knocked off. i still need to know what this key actually does?? i have always left it in the same position, so i'm not sure if it's for starting purposes, or just for lights or something. ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ?? thanks everyone.i will update later today...................PAUL

NO SPARK!!!!!!!!!!

hi all, i checked today, i have no spark all of a sudden. thanks to all who replied... besides the points, which by the way look great.(no burn marks, wearing down evenly.) what else could be causing it not to spark? some one told me possibly the condenser went bad(whatever that is) PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! paul

Re: UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!. SOLUTIONS

I haven't read all the replys but from my experience i could tell you that it may be the coil. This is what you spark runs through and it may not be getting it if it is loose or disconnected. The other thing it could be is the ground wire. Mine was disconnected once and messed everything up.

Re: UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!. SOLUTIONS

matt, what ground wire are you talking about? where is the coil?.....................paul

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account