Re: Type F is not for Tomos

I have a '75 Ford F250 with a C6 that uses Type F, no late model vehicles use Type A or Type F. Ford and GM now both use DexronIII/Mercon, and have for several years. Chrysler has their own fluid, as do many imports. Ford does not make transmission fluid, neither does any other auto manufacturer. Type F can cause excessive wear in transmissions not designed for it. Peace. Jerry.

SUVs are evil I tell you. Fortunately as gas prices continue to climb, they will eventually become a thing of the past. I'm starting to notice a lot more small cars and scooters around here, still no mopeds. Any actual oil will lubricate a transmission much better than ATF, most 4 stroke motorcycles use the same oil in the transmission as they do in the engine, and most 2 stroke motorcycles use motor oil in their transmissions. The problem with Tomos is the clutches, otherwise gear oil or motor oil would be a much better choice. I sure would like to know why Tomos uses cork clutches, I don't believe any other moped, including Tomos before the A35, used cork clutches, and most of them worked just fine. Peace. Jerry.

Oil's Not For Smoking /

Sorry, but my manufacturer is my Main Man when it comes to what oil my moped uses, and Tomos says Type A Dexron Mercon 111 so that's what it will be as long as I can get it.

suvs aren't going anywhere. there are a few hybrid suvs on the streets already, and many more on the way. americans will not give up their big cars.

also, jerry, you know there is a pretty big moped scene in your town, why do you alway say there aren't any around? there is an actual branch of the moped army in your back yard who has rallies and everything!

Oil's Not For Smoking /

I don't know why they had to kill rabbits but Type A is a General Motors Ford co-product .. and if Tomos says to use it then I'm using it and not Worsteshire sauce or anything else as long as I can find it - and it's easy to find so far, once I discovered Type A IS Dexron lll Mercon.

Americans will give up their big cars at some point, gas will become so expensive they will have to choose between their big SUV, or a place to live. And I know about the Tom Cruisers. But I have yet to see a moped in my town, you know, just like, somebody riding down the street on one, not a rally. But like I said, their are a lot of scooters, even I have one, and small cars, but I refuse to invest in a new car, even the smallest ones burn way to much gas for me. Peace. Jerry.

Dexron Mercon isn't type A is it? I use type F just because I can't find type A. How many cc's or ml's should I use? I've been using between 3-5 hundred as that seems to be the standard.

u guys musta not looked hard if ya cant find type A fluid 20 seconds of searching literally

"http://www.dollaritem.com/dollar_store/productid.asp?ID=28016";

« Go to Topic — end of thread
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.