nice ped ridin around here

theres a real nice green moped riding around, but i havnt got a good enough look at it to tell what kind. it looks old but in mint condition, and it goes fast.

~dave~

Re: nice ped ridin around here

david f martin /

Yesterday on my way home from work, I got passed by a plump little old lady (her gray hair tied up in a bun) on a scooter! It was a bigger scooter, with a motorcycle tag on it.

It took me awhile to catch up to her (traffic lights are my friends)... In the meantime, I watched a guy on a Harley pull up next to her and exchange greetings.

By the time I caught up with her, she was pulling into her driveway. I beeped at her as I passed, and she beeped back. Pretty cool, for a little old lady...

-----

There's this old man on a solid black brush painted Tomos ratbike, who drives past where I work quite often, often towing a lawnmower, weedeater hanging out of the milkcrate on the back, and a 6' high flagpole with a big Dixie flag on it.

Today on my way home from work, I pulled up alongside him, and noticed that the headlight was huge, and mounted in a very basic, mechanical way... and of course, painted black, to match the bike.

"That's a big headlight there," I said.

"Yup. That's a motorcycle headlight."

"Looks pretty cool," I remarked.

"Thanks!"

A little weird for an old man, but you hafta respect that...

david

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account