Going to Kzoo w/o a registered ped

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

So, last year one guy from St. Louis went up there, and he got hassled by a cop for not having his maxi registered. He wasn't with the rally people at the time, and didn't get a ticket or anything, but got hassled nonetheless.

Me and 3 others from StL, plus a bunch of KC people are heading up there, and at least us StL people don't have registration/title/plates/insurance because we don't need to here. Are we gonna get shit on for it?

Re: Going to Kzoo w/o a registered ped

not if you're not pulled over. I've never been pulled over.

A guy from RVA, that was pulled over with us last year, got his bike impounded.... They loaded it on a flatbead!

Be warned!

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Gaaah. Lame. So what can we do to prevent this? Other than run from the cops...we don't know your streets, so we'd get nabbed right quick.

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

Get a copy of your local moped laws and carry them with you. As long as your id is from the state you show the laws from you are in the clear. If your state does not issue registrations how can you loose your bike for not having one?!?

if you have working lights and obey traffic laws im pretty sure you WONT get pulled over. If you plan on being drunk, disorderly, and having no lights.. be prepared.

i would like to go to kzoo but gots no ride hmmmmm

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

The other option that you have (which I used while in Chicago n an unregistered ped) is to write up a fake bill of sale. As long as you get pulled over after 5pm on friday, the sec of state is closed and you are set. For that you would need the model, make, year, and vin with the signature of yourself, and the "person" who sold you the bike.

get it registered, it's cheap and lasts 3 years. It's not right but it's good peace of mind for $15

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

actually that's 15 bucks for 3 days in their case, since they are from KY. Besides I doubt the first thing they want to do when they get here is to go register all their peds to be in MI. I'm with Mike, bring a copy of the laws from your state along with your driver's license. The bill of sale thing is a really good idea too, just to show you JUST got it this weekend. Hey, it's a moped rally, you wanted a moped.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Yeah, we were all going to do the bill o' sale thing just to cover ourselves even here in St. Louis. We'll take care of that before Kzoo.

I've got working lights, but one of our dudes doesn't. We'll work on that this week I suppose. Drunk? That's gonna happen. We'll keep the disorderly to a minimum though.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

St. Louis is in Missourah, not KY.

Yeah, I'm not going to give some stupid government office $15. I'll bring a copy of MO laws, my license, and a bill of sale.

u will b fine

« Go to Topic — end of thread