key start for a tomos?

i want to put in akill switch has anybody done this. can i get the parts from an auto parts store?

Re: key start for a tomos?

yep. You can get a key activated generic switch or just hide a simple push/pull switch somewhere. The hidden switch is probalby the best because it would take them longer to find it (totat confusion) than rip the wires out the back of a keyed switch and hotwire it.

I agree, hide the switch. But even then a moped can be lifted onto the back of a pickup truck easily . always lock a wheel to something secure .. I use a U-Lock, but beware Kryptonite locks, they were easy to pick when they first came out, lots of expensive bikes got stolen because of the hype advertising. I don't know what they're like now.

kryptonite has reformatted their locks to a small barrel design. I believe they are a lot safer now. Where can I get info for a hidden switch. I like that idea also.

Kryptonite now makes good locks, but NO lock will stop a determined thief. Peace. Jerry.

« Go to Topic — end of thread