STOLEN: CHICAGO, Maxi Sport

So, um, my brother had his moped stolen about two weeks ago, and decided it wasn't worth posting a topic on the forums because "everybody knows, anything stolen in Chicago doesn't stay in Chicago for more than two days."

i think he gave up entirely too easily.

So, missing is a seafoam green maxi sport, with an unidentifiable 70cc kit, with an Amal carb and one of those intakes that swoops the carb off to the side. Also, it has a Biturbo, snowflake mags, and a longer seat. i don't remember much else that would identify it beyond that.

Looks like:

but with all the aforementioned bits.

you can contact me about it at:

thespeculaters@gmail.com

here's to long shots!

Re: STOLEN: CHICAGO, Maxi Sport

Bruce Edwards /

Does he live IN THE CITY!!? I'll keep an eye out but I hate when people from Naperville say say a bike was stolen in CHICAGO.

Sorry about the loss, but next time he should get a truly unique ped that's easily identifiable.

Hope he gets it back. Best of luck.

sorry, forgot to mention. he does live in the city, near u.s. cellular.

he had it locked with a schwinn cable lock, said it was cut through.

bumpski

locking anything with a cable lock isn't really protecting anything but your mind. As your brother found bolt cutters and that shit is broken.

Hope you find it.

any info would be awesome.

Ill keep a look out.

Lance applewhite /

A bro at work just told me about a green moped for sale.He said it was green and had peddles.He said it had an engine?? I'll go see if it's still in their yard in the morning. I can't go tonight.I'm dying to see what it is.

Lance applewhite /

I just showed your pic to my bro.He said it has fenders that cover half the tire and it's real green in color.I don't think it's the one your after.

bump for bumps sake.

spidge any luck?

Lance applewhite /

No luck.It was a Honda Express ZA 50.My bro only caught a quick glance(real quick glance).I wasted $7.00 in gas.He wanted $600.00 and it was a 1977,didn't start,I suggested cleaning the filer.

well, thanks for trying spidge.

if any one has any info that'd be cool.

again, it's not even my moped and my brother hardly seems to care, so i'm just about ready to give up.

Ben Van Zoest /

Can you post the frame number?

« Go to Topic — end of thread