cross the hudson w/ moped?

hi

it seems that the GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE'S walkway is closed there is no walkway to speak of on the TAPPENZEE BRIDGE the HOLLOND AND LINCOLN TUNNELS seem out of the question, am i missing something or is it impossible to cross over with out a car i think there is a bridge at BEAR MOUNTAIN but i dont know anything about it

thanks

Re: cross the hudson w/ moped?

whats wrong with the holland and lincoln tunnel? perfectly legal.

cross the hudson w/ moped?

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

I think most if not all of those bridges nd tunnels go into NJ. This is from the NJ moped manual. Jim

Tyrone Biggumss /

Yea Nj is a pain in the ass when it comes to mopeds.

You should be able to cross the Bear mtn bridge with no problems, but it's quite a ways north of NYC.

holland tunnel's perfectly legal, lincoln tunnel is not. the speed limit in the holland tunnel is 35 mph, and it's not considered a highway, technically. you can check with the cops at the tollbooth if you want, but i live in jersey city about four blocks from the tunnel, and i go to new york through the holland tunnel on my ped all the time. it's really fun. the problem for most nj people is usually, how to <i>get</i> to the holland tunnel, actually . . . it's difficult to get over the passaic without getting on a highway

Does the Holland tunnel have concrete barriers to separate the lanes? Jim

No barriers; perfectly legal through the Holland.

Thanks, that is good to know. Jim

« Go to Topic — end of thread