Tomos A35 spark plug?

Hey, just curious which spark plug to get for my Tomos Targa A35?

Re: Tomos A35 spark plug?

Also, what should the gap be?

i run a ngk b7hs

i don't remember the gap off the top of my head

John Joedicke /

.028 -.030

I'm Canadian, eh, so I'll give it to you in milimeters (mm).

The little booklet I got with my 2001 Targa LX with the A35 engine says .5mm, but I had misfiring. I looked at the internet Tomos Repair and Service manual and it says .8mm. I opend my gap to .8 and the misfiring was greatly reduced. However, I do have problem misfiring in wet weather even though I just replaced my spark plug cable, hood, etc. I'm thinking of spraying my electrical 'panel' with silicone.

By the way, when you clean your muffler, there's a small diameter tube ahead of the baffle tube. The tube may be hard to see, I tilted the open end of the muffler towards the angle of the sun. That tube can get plugged and cause major loss of power problems. I ran a steel coat hanger wire through that tube and my problems disappeared.

The website maunual says if the white ceramic on your plug has turned brown to switch to one grade hotter plug. I did that (with a auto parts guy determining which plug was one grade hotter) but haven't looked at the plug since doing it.

John Joedicke /

With a kit it sometimes helps to gap it tighter.

ive always heard and used b6hs for stock, and b7hs for kits, and its run great. the stock gap is supposed to be .5 according to the manual. i think the moped bible should be on the forums somewhere, or on the wiki part of the site, which tells you how to quickly evaluate plug conditions and how to do plug chops. you could be fouling plugs. heres a link

http://www.tomosmopeds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=206

manual suggests 0.8 mm gap

bosna f80, bosch w 4a2, champion l82, nkg hs, eyquem755, or ac.c.42f plug

for what it's worth

i swear by chimp plugs, goddammit

I use a NGK B6HS personally, or anything equivalent. NAPA usually has them or can get them. Don't let them tell you they don't and won't order them.

In my manual it states the gap to be .02.

0.020 inches is 0.5 mm or about 0.030 inches for 0.8 mm.

WHY THE FUCK did this get bumped.

man, i was so new then, I think.

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/A35

trolls...............(edited)

In my head I wondered if the confusion 0.8mm vs 0.02 was units, or if maybe one was referring to the points gap

hah... on an a35...

i'm still so new.

anywho

http://projectmopedmanual.info/Manuals/Tomos/Tomos%20A35%20repair%20manual.pdf

« Go to Topic — end of thread