Show me your rear end (trike)

This is a call out to the trike owners. (all 6 of you)

There's been some discussion lately about differntials, peg legs, attachment points, wiring, etc and I'm getting tired of there being no decent source for this info.

So what i'd like to do is compile all the info i can, start as some wiki atricles, and turn it into a small site.

Basically I'd like any and all info you have. If you have newspaper clippings, would you mind scanning them or just taking pictures (i'll transcribe)?. Manuals, ads, word of mouth info, price lists .. whatever. Just send it my way (email) or post it in here.

If you're feeling up to it, i'd also apprecaite pictures of YOUR trike. Take them as big and detailed as you can, and include your info and what you know about it. I'll exlucde anything you don't want known.

I realize i probably wont get much on this, but it can't hurt.

Oh, and as a long shot ... if anyone has access to lexisnexis via school or work, and wouldn't mind doing some searches for me, please let me know.

Re: Show me your rear end (trike)

You asked.....

HAHAHHA dezzy your the man.......uh do the people who live around u ever complain of u being naked on yer bike?

hehhee. I did that at about 5pm, and a few people drove by while I did my naked ride, last year. No one's complained yet.

This June, durring the full moon, it's time for the second annual naked moped day. Get off your clothes and ride! hahaaa

not the best pic in the world, but heres my tri-rad rear-end:

i'll scan the Tri-Rad article i have when im at my parents house next time and post it here.

Haha,

Now i know to think twice before using a witty subject.

Tell me you didn't take that just for this post.

lately i havent had any luck finding a junked riding lawnmower to get the diff rear end

i have this other rear end im going to use its 1 wheel drive no diff its a sears add on trike kit for a bicycle its not the most heavy duty one but i figured i might as well use it since i have it the wheels were junk so i put on 8 inch wheel barrow wheels its not on anything yet its just sittin in my yard

il get a pic of it prolly tomorrow

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

As soon as I saw the title of the thread, I knew Deezy had to post. haha

This could be a great thread and a very useful wiki. I have a long-term trike building plan brewing so I'm looking forward to even the most basic trike convo going on.

Here is Pryer rear end. IMO these are way overbuilt and could be made much lighter. If you could get the axel and fenders, these would be easy to copy. It is just a simple box frame made from 1/4 x 2 inch flat bar stock.

Ike

1211082979_catsndogs_150.jpg

This had a junker Minarelli Gadabout attached when I got it. I had to modify it slightly to attach a Tomos to it.

Ike

1211083452_catsndogs_153.jpg

I can now put any Tomos on this in ten minutes.

Ike

1211083902_catsndogs_155.jpg

I just used this clunker Tomos LX to set it up so I can attach a ne Tomos Sprint or ST to it.

Ike

1211084354_trike2.jpg

Here is an original price list from Pryer. As you can see, these things were not cheap even back in 92.

Ike

1211084673_magltd_028.jpg

Spec sheet.

Ike

1211085108_magltd_027.jpg

I have an original brochure that shows all the different models. This is the cheap one.

Ike

1211085337_magltd_024.jpg

Thanks, Ike! Great posts!

Yeah, great post!

You can clearly see the design difference in the puch vs pryer there. pryser seems a little stiffer, but that's just visual, less movement of the bike i'd guess. Do you know all pryers have a differential?

Yes, all the Pryers i have owned and seen had differentials.

Ike

yet again i see deez naked and all his ball sackness lmao

This thread needs more! I've been seeing more tri-rad pics popping up, but what about custom rear axles? What have folks had the most success pulling from? If we can get enough info in this thread, I'll help throw it up in a wiki.

« Go to Topic — end of thread