Toilet seat on a Targa

Yup - I couldn't stand the pain sitting on the hard, narrow Targa seat so I got divine inspiration while sitting on the throne and put a toilet seat on top of the targa seat, and put 7" of foam on the toilet seat, and wrapped it (first with duct tape which does not weather well) with Elephant or Bull tape and I now have a nice, shiny, black, custom seat which I fastened to the original seat with bungee cord so that the seat rises just like the old one to access the oil reserve. 10,000 miles later the seat is still good as new .. and still gets a lot of laughs from the Harley crowd.

Re: Toilet seat on a Targa

pictures please

you should just get your stock seat re foamed for comfort by your load tailor

Check out the 7,500 mile Canadian trip photos. I don't have a digital camera to do all this fancy up to the minute shooting shots with.

The problem with the stock Tomos seat is that it is way to narrow. Now if you could find a way to mount it sideways.....

Maybe one of those padded ones with a whoopee cushion attached to it? Seriously, I found that putting one of those huge seats from an adult trike on a Puch works great. Nice and wide. To bad they won't fit a Tomos. But the new Tomos seats are much better than the '05 and older ones. I can now ride 100 miles at the time without getting monkey butt. And anybody who doesn't know what that is is not a serious rider.

Yeah - I should just have a million bucks, too.

I' Very Happy with what I have now. It's perfect for comfort, it was almost free to build (I used an old mattress I found in the garbage for foam) and it worked perfectly for my 7,500 mile trip and is still in great shape.

You should try riding an arrow with a 30+ lb backpack.

That seat has got to be dangerous. Once you stand up after a mile or two, you can feel the tingling sensation of the blood flowing back into your... Masculine appendages, shall I say?

No good, as they say.

--Scott

Comfort King. /

Yup - the original seat is no good for nuttin' .. but Tomos has a new seat for some of its models.

you guys must have big asses or something, i really like the targa seats

« Go to Topic — end of thread