Magnums have gone too far

Maybe theres something in this picture that I don't see... but $1600 for a stock ped seems kinda spendy to me.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/mcy/682452672.html

Magnums have gone too far

I just paid 125.00 for a 80 magnum and all I had to do was clean the tank. Runs and looks great!

Re: Magnums have gone too far

the people selling usually know the actual price too, but there is always someone who will buy it, apparently. I've had email arguements with people selling really high mopeds, sort of dumb, but a Maxi is not worth 1,300 god damn!!!

It's just the way the world works. It's worth what someone will pay for it. If no one is willing to shell out $1400 for it, then his price will fall. If someone easily does, then the next one may go for $1600.

(of course everyone already knows this)

it's just economics, even if the end result isn't pleasant to us.

Hell, an accidently printed upside down stamp of a bi-plane, to me, is worth ... well nothing, cause i can't use it to mail a letter. But there are a handful of people willing to pay 16 million for it.

There's always gonna be someone who overpays and overcharges, just as there will always be that lucky jackass we've all heard about who finds the 1974 0 mile mobi sitting in the back of his friend's great aunt's basement, and she wants 4 buttons and a bag of string for it.

magnums are fucking gay anyway. they're not rare, theyre usually slow. let these little kids oogle over em and when you find your 100$ magnum make a g. thats whats up.

I agree that they have gone too far. There have been more than 6 or 7 on ebay this month already, more on CL.....they are not hard to find if you're willing to take the time and look.

I just sold mine - fully kitted, aftermarket forks, estoril, and all for 900.00. I bought it for 400.00 and with parts and whatnot that's about what it's worth. I didn't make a penny on it, actually. I'm sure I could have gone to 1,000.00, but man...I feel like that's just flat out wrong.

I saw that today on CL, I think errbody in chicago are looking for peds, but that's just gross. I mean, if you're going to ask 1600, the least you could ask for would be a clear photo.

that shit is not wrong....your time,effort and knowledge is worth way more than that. i know where your comming from but majority of people are not inclined to do such mods or are not skilled enough to pull off such a feat. we know that all this stuff isn't that hard...but thats years of working on these things. and considering the price of scooters(2,000-8,000$) it is a damn good deal. most people are lazy idiots that have cash....so take it. i mean that is if your a poor working stiff like myself, i suppose.

I'm pretty sure he got that off of the des moines iowa craigslist for $300 with five star mags a couple weeks back.

I saw it and called the guy, and he said some guy from chicago was coming out in a couple days to pick it up and asked if he was selling it too low.

He also told me that if I got out there first with the money I could have it.

I told him that he probably could have gotten more in Chicago, but whoever was buying it was probably not in it to flip it for immediate profit, but was going to use it for transportation.

Man was I off.

yuri, if its that same iowa bike from a few weeks back someone called and offered him 300 for the 5stars. so when the dude went to pick it up he said yea youre only getting the frame now. so he offered him another 200 for the wheels and got the whole bike for 500.. thats the story on that!

fuck a magnum

-Unholysmokers - Chad Ferguson /

Wow, people are fucking stupid. $300 for a pair of 5 stars? Seriously? Lame.

« Go to Topic — end of thread