Re: OT ? MY MARRIGE IS THREATENED!

i just found this out they polled and 4 out of 5 in cali said that marriage was between a man and a woman then the judges (who can't make up laws) make up a law saying gay marriage is right.

any time we get a no discrimination law its is simply backs the minority, and they can do whatever they want and are above the majority, never an equal like the assistant principle at my school he was caught with drugs 2 years ago, enuf to be a dealer, but he can't be fired cuz he is black and has lawyers the most that can be done is simple not renew his contract. so he will still be there next year but after that hes gone. so 3 years and being caught more than once with drugs he can't even be fired because of no discrimination. i am legally fine with gay marriage. morally i think its wrong but i won't bring that in. but i disagree with the no discrimination it always turns out that they get more rights than an average person

wow that came out a bit wrong i am for no discrimination but not in law books cuz once u mention a specific its already discrimination

Meanwhile, here in Michigan, they decided that our ban on gay marriage makes it illegal to extend health benefits to same-sex partners. And now they're busily stripping honest, law-abiding people of their health insurance.

Good to see our government is hard at work for the people.

yup and we give it to people who r not citizens don't u love the US

The way I see it, you love who you love. That can change, yes. Is it likely? No. People are thick headed. Do I think homosexuality is wrong? I don't care, really, so long as them dudes don't hit on me. Do I think homosexual marriages should be banned? Again, I don't care either way, but don't make a big freaking deal about it, and don't make the best man at your gay marriage.

Love is mental and physical attraction toward another. By nature, we're attracted to the opposite sex. It makes sense. The purpose of sex is procreation. That's the only reason. It feels good, yeah, but if it hurt, would you still do it?

As a straight male, I'm doing what I was made to do; make babies. Plain and simple.

I don't mind gay guys or lesbian gals. That's your thing. You do it. What happens in the bedroom should stay there. I've got no problem with that. I know quite a few bi and gay guys and they're cool. They're not going on about it all day long.

It's the one's that expect you to be okay with it and make a deal out if it that make me uncomfortable.

You guys talk about the most fucked up shit !!

so your point is ? i am messed up? i thought every one knew that

Sure, just be gentle with it.

Meanwhile, here in Michigan, they decided that our ban on gay marriage makes it illegal to extend health benefits to same-sex partners. And now they’re busily stripping honest, law-abiding people of their health insurance.

Good to see our government is hard at work for the people.

Dude, think of the money we are saving because of this!

kim jensen /

Right on Finney, Brennan and Andrew!

kbj

love is love. i say there's not enough love and that we shouldn't be discouraging love. Hey uncle sam, I got my dick in my moped! Fuck you!

Did someone from Pennsylvania refer to my town as "backwoods"?

Brendan Chenelle /

Dont worry, I defended your honor. Us MA residents have to stick together.

We can stick together it is just that we don't always agree on everything.

Absolutely Daytripper.

It's only a sin if you get caught.

you can stick together, just don't stick it in each other.

LOLz @ gay marriage arguments on MA, though.

A couple of fallacies with this debate are that: 1. Gay Marriage can be outlawed, 2. It's only marriage if the state recognizes it, and 3. the state's "blessing" of a marriage brings with it a huge package of perks and privileges.

1, There can be no ban on same sex marriage, If 2 men or 2 women want to get married there are religions that have no problem with it, how can you stop them from performing a wedding ritual and prevent the couple from living together? Not just constitutionally but in the physical/practical sense.

2. This part is weird, the state can perform only a secular wedding yet must conform to the guidelines of a religious wedding yet not the other way around. Yes, two men can get married but Only In A Church! If the state didn't recognize your marriage would you not still consider yourself married? Would you not behave in such a manner?

3. This is where the legitimate argument takes place and mostly along the lines of Joint filing taxes and shared health benefits. The second of these is not a gay rights issue but a nation wide health care problem that affects us all, if the current health care system were good working order nobody would care about this. The joint filing is an advantage but still, it's not as if the government is giving away free vacation packages to the Bahamas. Though it is enough for a project moped :)

We live in a country where 50% of marriage ends in divorce, we have way bigger issues to deal with on this front.

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Wiffleball said

"A couple of fallacies with this debate are that: 1. Gay Marriage can be outlawed, 2. It’s only marriage if the state recognizes it, and 3. the state’s "blessing" of a marriage brings with it a huge package of perks and privileges."

This is from The Code of Virginia. Jim

Yes, it's outlawed but how is it enforceable other than not recognizing it? Can the police break up a wedding ceremony or arrest someone for wearing a ring or claiming to be married to someone. It falls under the lack of practicality, right or wrong it's not terribly effective other than removing a possible incentive to marriage. And if your getting married so you can joint file taxes or get health benefits is it really marriage? My purpose here is not necessarily to debate but just explore what seems to me a strange issue full of paradox in the first place. I always thought one of the perks of an "alternative lifestyle" was not having to get married. Really it seems like a bizarre debate form either side. If either side wins they get pretty much a booby prize. Either an ineffective law. Or a right to experience more bureaucracy.

If one partner dies without a will, the assets do not automatically go to the other partner. One partner is not liable for the others debts. As the code says, no contracts as a married couple are enforcible. IMO They don't enforce it a criminal act Jim

Really it seems like a bizarre debate form either side. If either side wins they get pretty much a booby prize. Either an ineffective law. Or a right to experience more bureaucracy

Hahaha

Thats what my point is, its such a not issue except for the health insurance companies that dont wanna cover a gay spouse, that its laughable.

Here in the Bible Belt, they will try anything. Jim

who are you people?

Italic: _Steve said "Why is it that the people who want to ban gay marriage and gay happiness are always the ones who marry their sisters and cousins?"

That is BS. Prove what you say. Jim_

Being from TN I am married to a girl who is both my sister and cousin. It's not fair to discriminate against me either.

(not really, we weren't pre-related_

hey just as long as your not listening to INXS with 2 scuba suits on and a foriegn object where the sun dont shine while thinking about michael jackson and latex, your allowed to make a judgement call.

If that is your customary dress however, and when someone calls "bring out the gimp" you come running, your not allowed to pass judgement on any body else.

« Go to Topic — end of thread