OT ? MY MARRIGE IS THREATENED!

So today , California found that descriminating against people wishing to get married on the basis or thier sexualy identity was unconsititutional.

How ODD!!

I would for one like to say this threatens my marrige as a hetrosexual man in a heterosexual marrige to a women.

I mean , it scared the crap out of me! Should I lock the doors? What if a handsome Lumberjack should beat my wife home from work, crash through the doors, lay his ax down, wipe the sweat off his brow with a gloved hand and try and pick my up and carry me to the alter? What would I be forced to do to spare my life? It not a good night! I dont think im ready. Ive got a WHOLE CLOSET FULL OF NOTHING TO WEAR!

I mean, this shit happens all the time right?

What if a women sporting comfortable shoes and a Subaru were to cut my wife off in traffic, disarm her with the peace sign, then abduct her to some type of Marrige cermeony? Wait till they see they way my wife can change a tire. Im done.

What is the world coming too?

On a serious note, looks like we are one step closer to becoming realistic in providing rights to everyone, even if it is step by step , state by state.

I dont keep up with the news regarding this for a real simple reason...I dont care, nor do I see how ANY person paying 4.00 a gallon for gas while they watch thier job get shipped across the sea to China who is in a married would care?

I am completely unconvinced that this matters in the least to anyone in a Marrige or in a relationship that isnt same sex and wanting the same rights as anyone else.

The depth of insanity people will go to to distract people from the real issues in the world are crazy. Im just wondering if when the last state goes for the whole Constitutional Rights thing, there won't be any ICE left for the couples to put in thier drinks......

I actaully have a pretty good capacity to see things from many different angles, but this isnt one of those things.

Re: OT ? MY MARRIGE IS THREATENED!

Andrew, you're awesome.

No homo, though.

i am fine with u/anybody expressing their views , that is their right, but then don't say i can't disagree and express my views it is my right to say "hay thats wrong". sure no discrimination sounds good, but a minister can not say God bless a sin. if u want where it says a guy doing another is wrong i can find it but i am to sleepy. if i completely misunderstood what u said same excuse .

uh. dude?

Um...noone is going to force a minister to say anything (yet). The real problem, though, is that govt is involved in marriage at all...if it werent, we'd not have these huge ordeals over what should be an entirely personal matter. And I mean personal like...you, the person. Not you the person and the govt.

Zeke, no one is advocating the change of any insane religious beliefs(see, I can play the 'these are my views game too').

In the eyes of the state a marriage has NOTHING to do with any god. NOT A DAMN THING! It's just a contract between two people to form a union. Much like a buisness partnership.

Again, NOTHING to do with any sort of religion.

(also, you have some really stupid views)

See, this is how I envision gay marrige to look like ( i can envision in cause i live in Mass and we have had it for years and havent started eating babies or anything, shit we cant even buy beer after 11pm or 6pm on sunday LOL )

I envision the gay couples that want to get married like er ahh..paying for a person to marry them or something....

I dont think abductions of ministers is going to happen lol

And of course anyone is entitiled to thier own opinion, im just saying thats MINE..and usually i can see many perpectives on an issue but i cannot for the life of me see why any straight married couple would give a flying fuck about what some gay couple does.

It seems like the only people screaming loudest about gays and evil and somdom and god are always getting caught in a car with a male prostitute and some chrystal meth, just "trying it out"

and if your religion tells you that two people of the same sex can't/shouldn't get married, why would you buy into that shit anyways? is that really an organization you want to be affiliated with in the first place?

but then don’t say i can’t disagree and express my views it is my right to say "hay thats wrong

Wouldnt the minster say judge not lest you be judged?

Cause god knows ministers and priests dont know anything about random buggery LOL

andrew i emailedjoo, check check it. figured if your live here you might pop into the old email.

Steve are you calling me gay?

LOL

The old testement says this stuff too. I bet we dont listen to it all:

A THEOLOGICAL JOKE

Recently my friend Robert forwarded to me this joke submitted to Dr. Laura Schlessinger who is a US radio personality dispensing advice to people who call in to her radio show. Recently a listener wrote in and said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following is an open letter to Dr. Laura penned by a US resident and posted on the Internet. It was e-mailed to Robert by a fellow "croppie" and he forwarded it to me. It's funny, as well as informative.

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them.

1). When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord (Lev. 1:9). The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2). I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3). I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual cleanliness (Lev. 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.

4). Leviticus 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not to Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5). I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states that he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6). A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is a abomination of Leviticus 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

7). Leviticus 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8). Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Leviticus 19:27. How should they die?

9). I know from Leviticus 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10). My uncle has a farm. He violates Leviticus 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev. 24:10-16). Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14).

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan,

Jim.

Lance applewhite /

I think the authorities don't know jack.Rock and roll was illegal for a time in Texas.I think they should make magic mushrooms leagal and require people to take them on ther 18th 21st and 30 birthdays.Then we wouldn't need any laws at all anymore:}

oh thats an old joke , that posting made it look like i wrote it, i copied and pasted.

you should check my friend's music video on this subject

What a bunch of crap.............

Not long ago being queer was illegal. I always that that what ever two people did behind closed doors as long as nobody was being hurt was their business. After all this is America. I was all for letting queers be queer, so what.

Look what it has turned into. We have gay themed children books, no it isn't brainwashing right? We have tax dollars spent on promoting homosexuality. We have children deciding what their gender is. It will never stop. Be a gay as you want just don't expect ever say that it is normal. What you have in MA and CA now is special rights based on a sexual perversion, and that is wrong IMO.

you should check my friend's music video on this subject

1st thats brilliantly funny

2nd do u really want the answer to those cuz i should be able to give them to u during school make my brain work there for once :P

We have gay themed children books, no it isn’t brainwashing right? We have tax dollars spent on promoting homosexuality

You might be surprised to know i dont think that belongs in school either in the manner that you refer to it.

I believe in freedom and letting people be.

I dont buy the Queer Nation adjenda when it goes overboard either, and i think its swung a little lunatic, and i dont wanna listen to it any more then i want to listen to any lobby or group.

Im refusing to judge people tho

no let God judge and he already has also to get ordained u have to agree to do this that and the other most denominations say not marring gays as one of there things

Lewis Black did a great bit on it, It's on you tube but as it contains offensive language I'll leave it up to you to find.

See, this is what drives me INSANE.

I DONT CARE!

The whole issue of gay's getting married is so totally irrelevent in the times we live in - we have some really huge challenges as a country and as a society- from climate change to the treats of totalitarian countries and yeah, even militant islam - lets not forget that, plus we got a couple of wars going on, people are foreclosing on thier homes, we cannot decide what we want to do on illegal immagration, cause in a way we are all like Mitt Romney ( who i HATE by the way ) in that we all want other people to do our shit work and get paid nothing for it but dont want illegals here....oh then there's China, which we can joke about making crappy mopeds but they are posed to eat us alive, the fact that they are burning up so much coal making us plastic kiddy pools from target that its gonna kill us, the fact that the soviet union didnt just hand over thier nuculear arsenal, we dont know where its gotten, North Korea has sold nuc technology to some really shady cats, and on and on.....

Its insane that anybody gives a shit.

What makes me laugh is these people that say they feel threatened in thier marrige by gay people getting married. Who cares?

The gay agenda needs to stop. There is a gay couple in my neighborhood. Know what those sickos do? Go to work! Can you believe that crap? Also, one weekend I saw them mowing their frickin' lawn! Another time, I saw one at a grocery store buying groceries. That one really sicked me out. Seriously, what is this world coming to?

Lance applewhite /

Imagine

"It seems like the only people screaming loudest about gays and evil and somdom and god are always getting caught in a car with a male prostitute and some chrystal meth, just "trying it out"

Don't forget them being caught with their pants down in an airport stall playing footsie with a cop. Or found dead in two layers of wet suits with a dildo us his butt.

All this uproar about homosexuality is just a nice ploy to galvanize a majority of the nation into a reactionary mentality and thus vote GOP, which they see as the party which upholds their Sunday school morality, even thought they are politicians and thus crooked as hell.

LOCK THE DOORS THE GAYS ARE A COMING

Edward Richardson /

Umm a few thoughts on the subject...

I've been married... twice. Marriage needs defending like the Sahara needs defending. It really seems to work for a few people and leaves the rest praying for a swift end. Defending a minority from experiencing the "bliss" of getting their sanity anihillated and losing most of their stuff because you don't like them or what they do is pretty cranial-rectally inverted. Maybe you could really screw them over and Protect the Sanctity of the US Tax System from their gay money, that would show them.

Most people that suck at marriage don't want to put work into it, or lived together before they were married.

If you are living together for 5 years than you get married. Ask your self this WTF is different. Nothing you n ow have to pay off a ring and a wedding.

-Unholysmokers - Chad Ferguson /

Man, I really fucking hate people. It makes me mad that I have to live with so many close minded, ignorant, brain washed fucks, and that the worst of them are the people running our country. Bah.

I forgot about the toe tappin dude LOL

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account