What is this? Legitimate moped or bike crap?

Is this some after market thing or is this a legit moped? Fame looks a bit too beefy for just some bike conversion but I've been wrong before.

Re: What is this? Legitimate moped or bike crap?

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

I'd err on the side of being designed as a moped, not a bike.

But...I wouldn't buy it.

Any idea what make the engine is?

Leon Swarmer /

Roller drive? Is it yours yet?

Kinda looks like a folding raleigh.

kinda looks like some one threw a scooter/noped engine on a bike

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

IMO Front brakes look like bicycle brakes. Jim

It's got fenders. Bikes dont have fenders...do they?

It's filthy, that's what it is. :)

I think Jim had a good point about the brakes. That front wheel doesn't look like it has any sort of heavy-duty braking system.

Then again, the fenders are a good point too. I've seen bikes with fenders, but none of them were that small. All the bikes I've seen with fenders are more like classic road bikes or something.

Does it have a headlight? I doubt anyone would put a full-on headlight on a bike, but most (all?) mopeds came with real headlights, right? Is that tumor-looking thing where the headlight should be actually a legitimate headlight?

It kinda looks like a POS.

I think its a folding bicycle with one of those mx-5 roller drive bicycle add-on motors. Still, it might be cool at the right price.

I don't know what it was, but as someone else already pointed out, it looks like junk now.

looks like some kinda bastard, certain parts of it really look like they were factory made... the rear rack for example. i'd grab it for cheap just cause its crazy and i like the odd ones.

is it sitting on the wall??

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like you can ride it on a wall without falling?

WHat the hell IS that?

Ed would know! email him at bangers@breakfastmafiakc.com

Edward Richardson /

The frame looks like an AMF but the motor set up is with the original of whatever auto clutch the new four stroke that Gru-Bee came out with uses. The other difference is the front wheel, the flange is too small in diameter for the AMF. It was a moped for sure, whether or not the homogulation of the powertrain took place at a factory or a home is up for debate.

It was on CL and now it's gone. They were asking $50 for it and yes, it was hanging on a wall. If it would have been in the KC metro area, I would have bought it but it was a two hour drive. Looked interesting though.

Lance applewhite /

Looks like someone took off the original gas tank from the frame off and scabbed a plastic one behind the seat.Looked like an AMF to me?

Lance applewhite /

It may be a Coast To Coast bike with an engine mounted on it.Coast To Coast was a hardware store.

« Go to Topic — end of thread