New York Kryptonite chain

Holy shit, this thing is a SERIOUS piece of hardware. I would be more concerned about some would be thief chopping a tree down or breaking whatever you have it chained to than breaking this thing. Anybody in a med to high crime area needs to check this lock out. And with the lack of insurance coverage for mopeds outside of liability they come with coverage up to $3500 factory guarantee. Amazon $72 what a bargain.

Re: New York Kryptonite chain

I'm definitely buying the New York Fahgettaboudit.

It's pretty awesome, but heavy as hell. I still like it though.

I can deal with the weight what 95 miles to the gallon. The peace of mind of not having to worry about it is well worth it. I just need to find something strong I can chain it to now.

the insurance on this chain/lock is pretty impossible to ever collect... i still use and love this lock. i got the 5 foot noose and can lock 4 bikes together, its awesome.

I always loved those chains but afraid that the thick heavy metal loops would kill my paintjob.

With the wrap around the chain and the rubber coating on the mini u-lockI would say unlikely. Worth the investment

i have one of the older ones, it rules. the real theft deterrent is the sheer size and weight of it.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account