OT question

Tyrone Biggumss /

what the hell is up with people saying " all NJ 15 year olds (insert shit here) etc etc whats your problem with people from new jersey?

Re: OT question

Certain kids have set precedents, and sadly, 90% of the kids that follow them fit the same stereotype. Very rarely does a NJ kid log on that is actually respectful and willing to accept that they are not moped experts. Most are rather ignorant.

Don't make threads pleading for respect; just search before asking questions, do your homework, and noone will ever question you.

"Sigh. Again?":https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/489595/489595/

Here's the stereotype (anyone else feel free to add to this):

1) Can't spell.

2) Doesn't use punctuation or anything resembling proper grammar.

3) Doesn't search before asking questions.

4) Has a Tomos.

5) Has a desire to make said Tomos go 60mph (or at least faster than friend's Tomos).

6) Is 15.

Take a look at what you wrote. Take a look at the performance section and pay particular attention to what people from NJ are asking. Now, can you answer your own question?

Tyrone Biggumss /

sorry for asking a question. It seems people on this site are pretty much 90% douche bags and if kids from new jersey ask a question you guys cry alot.

show some respect to get respect.

And its really not there fault that mopeders that are 50 years old and having there mid life crisis go for mopeds instead of an actually harley davidson or a real motorcycle.

hey Linda, they need to have a biturbo on that tomos, because thats what makes it go 60mph

_show some respect to get respect._

Exactly.

Wanna know how I define respect?

If someone writes a whole paragraph without sentence-ending punctuation, and they've got a mistake every other letter, to me that says, "I'm too lazy to proofread and spell check this, but I want you to take the time to decipher it anyway." See, I don't think that's very respectful.

Note: I'm not saying you or anyone else has to have perfect grammar. Imperfect writing is not disrespectful; unintelligible writing _is._

If someone wants all the answers handed to them without putting in any time to research the basic knowledge to their question or to search to see if anyone has asked that question before, to me that says, "I don't really care about any of this. I just want the quick and easy way out, and I want it handed to me on a goddamn silver platter." See, I don't think that's very respectful.

Note: If someone really is interested in learning and doesn't know where to start or that they should search, that's a different story. But I don't think that's generally the situation for this particular conflict.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: If you don't like the stereotype that kids from your state have, prove it wrong. Jersey kids aren't going to get any respect until they show some respect first.

I'm pretty sure that 50 year old men having mid-life crises are NOT the ones making fun of Jersey kids. I bet it's a bunch of 18 to 30 year-olds who are really sick of seeing the same disrespectful questions asked in the same disrespectful manner over and over again. Then again, I've been known to be wrong, so please feel free to cite your evidence.

I apologize if this sounds really assholey. I don't mean to be an asshole about it. All this is just my opinion, and as always, you and anyone else are free to disregard it. I read your view that the stereotype is unfair and we're a bunch of douchebags, and you've now read mine telling you why the stereotype and the attitude exist.

Dude,

Linda typed to you twice. Don't make her do it again.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Linda will kill you. Did you see her profile pic? That's a baby. She eats babies.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account