Bomb Prom

Hey all, im new to the forum and to mopeds. I have an unknown year Puch Maxi II so i was told. It is currently tore down and in the middle of a new paint job!!

Now for the reason of the post. I was wanting to get some more info on the Bomb Prom that is taking place in Cincinnati OH on June 13-16. Im looking for times, location, and any other important info. I also wanna know if "scooters" are allowed. My buddy has a Yamaha towny and wants to ride.

Thanks Dave

Re: Bomb Prom

Look for more info when it gets closer to the event. As for your buddy with the scooter, people talk a ton of shit about scooters on this forum, but most of the people in Cincinnati are super cool, and I doubt they have a beef with the scooter. Anybody who does have a beef probably only has balls big enough to say shit on the internet, and not to your dudes' face. In other words, it should be fine. Perhaps a TBS member would chime in?

shit, I wanted to go to this but now I don't know if I can. Chi-town for sure, bomb prom may just be too soon for me.

towny's are something else entirely... like a fucked up giant noped or something.

if he's a cool person, i dont think anyone will have a problem.

Bomb Prom

A Towny like this?

Those are not scooters. Most would call it a noped. It has the spirit of the moped. Totally fine to ride.

Scooters are rad. I'm into scooters and mopeds and although most moped dudes talk shit about scooters, the moped scene has pretty much turned into the scooter scene so whatev.

Moped rallies were unheard of until our branch started back in 2001. Before that there were two moped events a year and they were called BBQ's.

We got our moped rally from, you guessed it, the scooter scene. Casey and I were into scooters and hung out with the local scooter club who had a scooter rally every year, and decided to throw a moped rally here in Cincy. The rest is history...

Thank you scooter scene, even though a ton of moped dudes think you are lame. It's like bighting the hand that feeds you... Fuck that shit.

Scooters are TOTALLY welcome at our rally.

I know there is a history of coneys in cincy..... are cheese coneys allowed to be ridden at this rally?

feelin good and hungry

That is exactly the noped he rides brystheguy. I will just keep a look out for more info as the dates get closer. And i love coneys!! Thanks guys

So those of you who have ridden in this rally before, i ask you this. Do you need license plates and insurance?? I am not very familiar with the ohio laws when dealing with mopeds and NOPEDS. Also any info being released yet as to times and meeting spots??

Hopefully i will have my shit back together by the middle of june. I am looking forward to riding with some other Peds!!!

Timmy Southpark /

In the state of ohio you are required to plate your moped (no insurance) however if your from out of town it shouldnt be needed. I will say tho that you will most likely get harass by the police without one, so kinda expect it. I suggest you carry a printed out sheet from your states DMV stating the moped laws.

But dont stress too much about it, we will be in packs so you'll be fine.

Thanks Jimmy. Looks like i need to go re-new my plates so i can ride. I have another question. I was looking into upgrading my current za50 with the airsal kit (65cc). My question is where do i buy this kit?? What website sells this kit so i can order it. I know the za50 is not very reliable and that i should find the e50. But im gonna take a chance. I have seen some on here running kits on their za50. I appreciate any help.

email treats (i'll email his email address). he usually has a ton of stuff, low prices, and ships wicked quick.

Thanks gabe. Im gonna send him an email.

I also need a new drive chain. Where can i get one?? How much am i looking at spending??

email treats about that too. it shouldn't be more than $30.

i just got one from treats for like $18.

any idea if a dirt bike chain would work or if they even sell anything close to what i need. I think someone told me it was a 415 chain and it needed to have 120 rollers. I have a Puch Maxi II (i think).

In this same vein, I'm not sure I'll be able to fix my headlight in time for the rally. Does this seem like it'd be a huge problem? Probably not for group rides, right?

evie, i saw so many headlights out in kzoo this weekend. its whatever. i try to avoid it though, its just another reason for cops to pull you over.

yeah any 415 chain.

« Go to Topic — end of thread