They Tried to Take It.

But did not succeed.

I came out today to find the front axles unbolted on both of my bikes. The brake lines were also cut. Needless to say, I'm not going to work.

I lock the front tires to a nice beefy sign in my complex. These guys exploited my locking scheme's only weakness, unbolting the rest of the ped from the wheel. Fortunately for me, they didn't complete their mission. At first I thought it was somebody trying to hurt me, because the brake line was cut and there was no tool marks on the chain, but they would have just left the axle in place so I could ride a little before falling.

No, I could tell they tried to pull the moped off the wheel but the brake line was still attached. So they cut it. Then, someone must have said something because they left it there. Now it just there with the fender sitting on the wheel and anybody can come and get it in about a second. There are no tool marks on the chain because I am dealing with a sophisticated thief, and he knew, probably from scoping it out, that unbolting the wheel would be much faster than cutting a huge chain.

Well, I will be sitting out there all night watching my peds. I left them how they were, hoping he will make an appearance a little later on tonight. I guess they don't know who's peds those are. Haha.

Re: They Tried to Take It.

If its worth more than 250 dollars in washington then its a felony and you can do a citizens arrest. Look up the laws in your state.

Get a pellet rifle and a 9mm...wait til he's working on it, then bury a lead pellet in his ass. 9mm in case things go south. from there.

I'd keep a trigger finger on 911 while you wait, and a bike or car waiting to follow.

Chris Slamminson #116 /

It's real easy to take off a front wheel.

Two nuts, perhaps a speedo cable and the brake cable to remove. A crescent wrench can do the job.

Throw it in a truck or car and off you go.

Since it won't run minus the front wheel sell it for scrap.

Cleats Onionpockets /

Chain the frame as well, chain the frame to the wheels, make things difficult for a would-be thief.

BTW thats a very shitty locking scheme with a huge ass flaw any one can get through.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Good luck man, hope you catch them in the act.

no its real not that easy to take of a wheel if u forget to take of the washers and then it threads it self on when u r going and then your tools suck so the bolts are a nice circle shape

ai you write like a 2 year old who's first language is Spanish......

I hope you've got a video camera or at least a regular camera ready along with everything else. It would be such sweet sweet revenge to get them arrested and have photographic evidence of their crime. Yeah, it'd be very satisfying to shoot them too, but then YOU might be in trouble as well. Whatever you do, make them rue the day they thought about messing with a moped (although sounds like that's the plan anyhow :) )

Yeah, I always try to lock up through the rear wheel and frame or between the triple trees. Front wheel is very vulnerable.

get a paintball gun from a buddy. one of the fully automatic ones. stay up watching the peds and pepper the shit out of any theif. they wont come back.

Phil, you got it wrong:

I’d keep a trigger finger on a rifle while you wait, and a bike or car waiting to follow.

Hehe, muzzle loader + rock salt = chunks of salt in bedded in skin.

Disclaimer:

Robert aka Wiffleball in no way endorses the use of firearms against people where local, federal, or state laws may prohibit. Check local laws before engaging in cannibalism or bestiality.

I realize that the way I lock my bikes is not the best, but it is the fastest. I live in a low crime area and am often in a hurry. Nothing has happened to them in four years of being like that. I have a suspicion that this kid I met who kept commenting on my bikes, might have something to do with this. After all this, the frames will be locked.

We'll see. I'm getting a buddy and a car, some food, something for my head, some bats and a camera to tape it all. I'll be posted all night..........

If I catch a good enough video I'll put it up here.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

If I catch anyone prowling around my bikes, my plan is to run at them wearing only my helicoptor pilot's helmet with my helmet cam mounted and recording, my .357 magnum in my right hand, and my extendable baton in the left. That fucker will be scared on so many levels.

Oh, and go buy a set of handcuffs. I keep them in my bag all the time as a small emergency lock in case I forget my big one when I go out. But it would come in handy for cuffing would-be theives.

you cant cuff anyone like you can get arrested for doing that unless your in securty or law enforcement

i have almost got arrested just for beating up the guy that stole my ped the only reason the cop let me go is cause the kept resisting arrest and had like 6 warrents out for him

well you could cuff em to the back rack and take him for a drag...

anywho, id make sure whatever ya do you do thought out.\

dont bring a knife to a gun fight and have lotsa back up.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

You can certainly cuff people here. Remember that you live in Mass, which means you can't really do anything at all without breaking some stupid law. The rest of the county is a lot freer than you. Anyone committing a felony I can pull my gun on, cuff, perform a citizens arrest, or whatever. I don't think I could get away with beating them...but cuffing is fine here. You just can't read them their miranda rights, then you get in trouble for posing as a cop. So just hit them, cuff em, and don't talk to them.

My question is why the hell are you only locking up your front wheel? I have a step over frame and I'm locking the whole bike up man. If a crook wants it hes going to have to cut the bike in two. Also I need to lock it to a beam in my basement so my land lord doesn't put it on the street one day.

Hey bro, just know you have a friend who know how to get rid of bodies! hehehe

Get them and hurt them really bad! stomp them once for me, Hint put a hand on the ground and shatter it with your heal! Does wonders in preventing further thievery attempts! FUCK MOPED THIEVES!

lmfao! I endorse all of the above, except the bestiality, and canibilisim..but firearms hell yes!

Hell why tell them who you are? don't say it is your bike, just randomly victemize them as they tried to do to you! Thrash and release!

go for the knees...

Or the groin...

In Louisisana, they have what they call the "shoot the car jacker law', well atleast they did. If someone is trying to jack your car, pull gun, stick in jacker's face and pull trigger. Done deal. Ask questions later.

Your car is considered an extension of your house in LA. Most people in LA hunt and have guns. Too many people were getting jacked in NO and basically got tired of it.

I have no idea if the jackings slowed down there. I think Katrina might have screwed up the stats.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

They actually just passed the carjacker killin' law in MO last year. It was the same logic - your car is your property in which you are existing, so you can defend it as you would your home.

So...what happened last night?

Yeah let us in.