guy try to sell me a moped

I have been talking to a person at my work and they want to sell their moped. They said they wanted $1,200 for it that it was a Honda Elite 1986 150cc and that it was serviced last year.

I don't know a lot about mopeds is this a reasonable asking price??

guy try to sell me a moped

That is a scooter, and if it runs very very well and is totally legal then its about going rate.

Re: guy try to sell me a moped

It's a scooter and it over priced IMO.

its a scooter and you can get elites for like 500 bucks

Thanks it just seemed way over priced plus it's over 20 years old.

I don't really know much about the pricing of scooters, but that seems a bit high to me. If you think it'll improve your life $1200's worth, then go for it, but I think $800-1000 is probably better. Have you checked KBB and stuff? I know they don't have values for a lot of the mopeds like most of us have, but for something a little newer and more mainstream like a Honda scooter, one of those sites MIGHT have something if you dig deep enough. Also, keep in mind that as 150cc, it's probably going to be registered as a motorcycle, which will add insurance, more registration, more taxes, more laws, and more headaches to the bill.

I will buy all the Running and serviced Honda 150cc Elites for $500 you can get. Please email me if you find one that cheap. $1200 is a little on the high side, $800-1200 is the norm.

No sense in buying a scooter that size IMO. It's going to be considered a motorcycle by any DMV, Might as well snag a Honda CB350 for $500 and have a sweet vintage ride!

for a moped is there a weight were the rider is too heavy for the bike b/c i weigh 250lbs and thats the only reason i'm looking at the 150cc bikes

those are very nice and thats actually a good price if its in good shape

i wouldnt pay that much for it but im cheap and like to buy junkers for the littlest amount of money possible

i thot i read somewhere that 185# was max for a Puch Newport but i can't ever find where i read that

i found a weight limit on my noped its like 195 but my dad rode it and hes like 250-300 and the frames still fine

Ha!

Send me down an 18 wheeler and I'll fill it full of sub $500 Honda Elite's...

yeah right. you're DEFINITELY thinking of Elite 50s. hes talking about a 150. nobody in their right mind would sell a 150 for under $500. an now youre going to act like you meant the 150s so you dont sound stupid, so i dont believe you.

You've obviously never visited the sunshine state...

« Go to Topic — end of thread