Re: easy fix?

Robert Rosselit /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ah, another Sachs! Looks like a Columbia Commuter, ( basically a Westlake with different side covers). Sachs is pretty easy to work on and most parts are available. It would be a good reliable bike once it's fixed. If it turns over it will likely be an easy fix. The carbs are a "square" Bing and pretty basic. The ignition comes in to varieties: Motoplat, and Bosch. The Bosch system is simple and nearly identical to puch. I've never dealt with the Motoplat but I hear they are a lot more difficult. Still, I can't see it being that bad to work on and there is a good knowledge base here. The only down side is that there is not a great variety of performance parts available. It will be a great daily rider but probably not a speed machine unless you want to spend big $$$.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  easy fix?Topic by: Cory K Cory K 05/14/08 12:52PM
  Re: easy fix?Re: Robert Rosselit Robert Rosselit 05/14/08 01:11PM
  Re: easy fix?Re: [[ Linda ]] [[ Linda ]] 05/14/08 02:12PM