80, 86, and 90cc siezed Minarelli V1 kits?

Just wanted to get an idea of how many people have seized, be it soft siezed or hard these kits. Everyone that has seized one, please chime in. Thanks.

Re: 80, 86, and 90cc siezed Minarelli V1 kits?

I hope I won't seize mine.

calling dan and lee.

Dan Webber Kastner /

My Reed Valve 90cc, seized first on the ride out to the dirt track at the last BBQ. Since then, it has not been the same. Even after that, it was keeping up with Jimmy's Gilardoni on the Christmas ride. It definitely has issues since the seizure but I still ride it work. Since I have a bunch of kits in, I will be able to swap it with a fresh one and retune.

I rode my 90cc kitted v1 bike for 2 years without any seizing problems. Except for when I was first tuning it in. The great thing about the Minarelli kits is that they are cast iron, and usually is unfazed with a minor soft seize. It was also the hill climb champion of Seattle a few years ago.

Lee who rode to South America has an 80cc kit on his bike that he has been running for about a year.

I am getting to build up a standard V1 bike that has your name on it Tommy. I think I can catch ya.

Dan

1200 miles without issue on my general.

I'm glad to hear this. I want my 80 to have a long and happy life.

Hello Dan,

You know that they make four or five different piston kits for them cylinders (Piston Company) I mean some piston are dome, with a notch holes on the sides there custom some but it really helps when you style up the piston. You seen any like ... hmmm super thick pistons. There .0125-.0150 walled.... can you check one of the store. I use the caliper like this. I checked the edge and then deep in the piston. :) Please check the wall thickness. Thanks, Edmond

I had a cylinder kit sent to me it came with a super thin piston .0075. It didn't last long. I just honed it and put 3rd party piston it. I may of ran it lean but it didnt look like that just heat kills.

I'll be waiting dan. It's gonna take a lot more than keeping up with Jimmy's Gila. I passed him like he was standing still.

hey tommy, what is your current set up?

80 metra, heavily ported, 24 mikuni flatslide, simonini, custom intake, no filter, highly tuned 3 shoe clutch.....yeah.

ok tommy you are on dude!!!

i have been riding my 80 imperial for over a year and i have never seized it. i can't wait to buy a fucking 90!!!!!!

these kits, like any, need a little work to prep them, but if you clean up the edges a little, it goes a long!!!!!

people seize every kind of kit that is made. i have never heard of a kit that don't seize. so if you are looking for something that doesn't require a bit of knowledge, then go to fucking mars where they do that kind of thing

Here on earth, we go fucking fast and sometimes our shit blows up.

if you don't want that, go buy a fucking motorcycle.

i love you lee

chill out lee.

I'm on top of the hill for the moment, so I can talk all the shit I want. ;)

As for fast minarelli's, like anything else, believe it when I see it.

P.s. Lee I miss you.

sounds like a nice set up Tommy. Have you compared the porting on the 80 Metra to the Girladoni? Also, are you running CDI or rocking it old school with points and condensor?

good old points for her.

I have a gilardoni I am building as well. I really dont have much experience with porting reed valve set ups, but we'll see. I also have an hpi for that one.

This was a bad idea.

Dan Webber Kastner /

Re: This was a bad idea.

Slick. What pipe are you running.

Re: This was a bad idea.

Snoozefest. Worlds longest header and unnecessarily large rear tire = no top end ;)

Can you please help us all out.. on a Spanish translated of the ... following. Many thanks.

View Performance section as this might help in not seizing you kits.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/7/95512/94985/

Many Thanks, Ed

Can you please help us all out.. on a Spanish translated of the … following. Many thanks.

View Performance section as this might help in not seizing your kits.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/7/95512/94985/

Many Thanks, Ed

Help would be appreciated.

This should be added to the WIKI please.

TOMMY THAT WAS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU!!!! i'm sorry i love you dog!!!!!! the only thing i was saying to you is that you are on, the other shit was about the negativity of this post towards the new product at 1977.

i love you tommy.

i also love my imperial 80

« Go to Topic — end of thread