Re: OT: Into The Wild

JP /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Nahh, it's cool, i completely understand. I don't take what you're saying as a confrontation.

I just thought he was kinda pricky. personality, not content

It had nothing to do with the why or what. just the way i read the character. Yes, he was a real live flesh and blood person, but it was a story as researched and told by someone else, so I/we missed many of the important points that make up who someone is. I fully understand the concepts of what he was doing, and don't disagree with them.

Think what you want, follow your ideals, i fully support that.

At the same time, when i read Into Thin Air, i didn't see Anatoli Boukreev as the villain. So maybe i never understand what everyone else sees in krakauer's work, hell even boukreev seemed offended by what was written.

I'm average, not in the respect of my ethic, national, or social status. I'm just no better then anyone, nor worse.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account