Re: OT: Into The Wild

Mr. Duncan /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Oh and just to comment on what bergw said...

Yea you might have thought he was a dick, but you'd probably think I am too. People that really believe in this stuff have no shame in forcing it on everyone (evidenced by this very post, my last one, and the thread in general) This confrontation causes internal discomfort in the confronted while the confronter probably isn't even considering it a confrontation, but an opportunity. The "problem" is in looking at yourself and not wanting to change while believing (subconscious or not) that there is truth in the change. The only real conflict is with yourself. Here's another quote:

"It is the giving up of self that human beings can find the most ecstatic and lasting, solid, durable joy of life." Death of consumerist priorities does it.

And something personal for you to consider

"Just an average guy, with an average hobby." - from your profile...

Mopeds aren't average, you aren't average. I don't even know you, but who is to tell you what average is, and why are you so quick to conform to those principles? We are individuals. Honda's are average. Classes are for school.

(ideally in super fine print at the bottom of the page)...Hope you don't take this personally, I'm not attacking you. But then you should have understood that by the time you read this sentence, rendering this merely a disclaimer for the illiterate masses so I can cover my hide from backlash.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account