help with Puch model

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could help me with finding out what model of moped this is that I just bought. I know it's a 1980 Puch, but I can't find a model anywhere?

Check out the pic.

Thanks,

Gordy

aim: GLTenenbaum

mopedgordy.JPG

Re: help with Puch model

looks like a maxi gordy, but wait for crisis, or brandon, etc. to answer. good luck

It's a one speed Maxi bro. Maybe even a Maxi Luxe....How many fins are on the cylinder head?

Chris

i knew you would come though criris :>).................paul

Hmm, how would I find out how many fins are on the cylinder head?

Thanks!

Gordy

count them gordy!!!!!!!!!! they are on the cylinder head. thats where the spark plug screws in....................paul

Paul, you have to forgive me, I've never even looked at moped up close until today! I don't know the first thing about mechanics!

I will check it out! :)

Gordy

Fred's Guide (Fred?)

david f martin /

Gordy, check out Fred's guide.

http://www.mopedarmy.com/resources/articles/fredsguide/

Fred, have you ever thought about adding pictures, for the mechanically challenged or inexperienced?

I have to admit, there was a time (a long time ago) when I couldn't tell a radiator from an alternator...

david

with pics

yeah .. I thought about it quite a bit back when I was writing it .. cuz we all know that rookies are baffled by the terminilogy.

.. quite a bit .. was gonna toss some humor and smartarse comments in too .. with 'actresses'.

... but ... I don't have a digital cam .. yet .. and I don't much like the fact that they go obsolete within 9 months or so.

I know they can do the CD development of even disposable cam pics .. maybe thats a fairly painless way to go.

Re: with pics

david f martin /

Heh, heh! I'd love to see it.

Have you ever seen the official amateur VW mechanic's bible, "How to fix your Volkswagen, for the Compleat Idiot", by John Muir? It's got some pretty funny cartoons in it.

david

Yeah, some pics would be great, I can't tell the handle bars from the carberator..., but anyways I just bought this Puch moped for 175, the picture is attatched, I'm hoping this somewhat of an OKAY deal... hope I can get it running, the on/off switch is broke off, but I can still switch it with a pocket knife or something...

if anyone would like to chat about mopeds, my screen name is GLTenenbaum, I'm always on...

Gordy

david f martin /

That's a good looking bike, Gordy. I'd say you got a good deal.

I can't help you with specifics, but I'm sure somebody will.

david

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account