No keys

Hey I'm looking at a Motobecane (year model not specified) for $200. Seller says he lost the keys. How hard of a fix is this?

Re: No keys

not that hard direct wire ftw

Front fork lock? Drill that fucker out of there.

Yep, the key is for the front fork lock only. It is easy for anyone to break anyway so I drilled mine out when the key got lost also. You will have an almost impossible time finding a blank for a locksmith to make a new one, so instead just drill it out and use the money you'd give to the locksmith to get a really good cable lock.

-Curly

(Someday you may find a used lock & key set and it is easy to install if you save the original retaining clip)

The electric start won't turn on w/o the key.

my balls my balls my balls /

sounds stolen to me. I get a copy of the vin and take a trip to your local pig shack and ask the five-0 to run it for you.

How many times have you come across a guy selling a car but ooops, he does not have the keys for it?

Electric start Motobecane?!?!?! What? This sounds like bullshit. Frenchies?

Vimy Ridgeway /

No electric start for Mobes. Just an on-off key for the circuit. Hard wire it to 'on' and pedal away to start.

It is very common to not have keys to a moped's front fork lock. And electric start? Hmm.

George Smith /

/me pats his electric scooter motor...

screw peddle start :P

i am going to assume that he is not very smart.

notice all the bad spelling in the ad too?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

he's also not good at returning emails/calls. That 40t though is quite nice, but 'spensive!

Zachary Evans, Destroyer of Worlds /

You can wire electric starts without the keys.

But mobys don't have ignition keys.

The fork probably isn't locked... Don't worry about it.

I went to the closest locksmith down the street when I bought my 50V. He picked the lock and then made me 4 keys for it. Now I can lock my fork. It cost $10 so your bike may not be worth it!

Wow, I was just poking fun at someone being concerned about a lack of a fork lock key, I didn't realize anyone would take my electric start thing seriously.

Harhar, no of course moby's don't have keyed ignition, or electric starts.

Sorry guys:)

Willie.

no groms no blasters /

ha ha, there are at least three threads about this bike now.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account