Re: Anyone else work for the moving industry?

Zachary Evans /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

My best moving moment was with a huge projection TV. It was the day after the company christmas party, so the guy I was with was wrecked..

It took us a half hour to get it out of the house and onto a wheeler, and that was With a hump strap.

When we got there, it needed to go into the basement, which wasn't going to happen through the house... carpeted walls around the stairway!

There was also a good 10" of snow around to the walkout basement, which meant no wheeler, no setting it down, and potential slipping.

I didn't think Lonnie would be able to do it without the first two, while still not managing to pull off the third.

I told the customer we could put it in the garage, or I could do something stupid.

He voted stupid.

So I broke down a wardrobe, put a pad on it, taped the front up to make a plow... and hauled it work-horse style through the snow, down the hill, and we caried it the last six inches and into the back door.

It was beautiful.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account