Re: Anyone else work for the moving industry?

Zachary Evans /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I don't kow what I'd do without my humpstrap. It's the only way to do these damned new double-wide king sized matresses.

It's funny, you remind me of our 'kitchen packer', though he did a few too many of the wrong drugs, and is mentally scarred beyond recognition. He's the one guy on the crew that I wont work with when he's sober. I'll go out of my way to make sure he gets his morning tall boy, or he shakes too much to be useful. But at one point, I think he was like you.

We use the term "Chowder" mostly for squishy/wierd things that don't load well on their own, but fill holes/can be crammed ontop of the load. The plants and loose crap we wont take, unless we're packing the job. And by wont take.. I mean we'll make a big deal about how we're not sopose to for various reasons, then do it anyways to make them happy.

Was tipping as excessive out there as it is in Colorado? It's a strange day when I don't get at least a 20 in the field, and the best I"ve personally got was 70. Straight 100s aren't unheard of.

I work in the office mostly now... as warehouseman/assistantdispatcher/phonebitch/budget Truck Rental employee.

It sorta blows, but at least I get my hours every week this way.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account