Re: Anyone else work for the moving industry?

~ DeeZy /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I have been a mover for many years. I haven't doen it in a few though, as my knees are about shot from it. Too many gunsafes in the basements, pianos and Norge deepfreezers, and pooltables, and hot tubs, and partical-board hell.

So do you know the word for that stuff that doesn't stack well, like plant stands, and coat hangers, and bed rails, and the sort? Around here, and I have met a few more out there that call that stuff "chowder." Just wondered if the word got to you too.

I also am an excellent packer. The crew usually sent me to the kitchen, as the boss said I had more _finesse_. hahahaa

The best job to find cool stuff to bring home that somebody doesn't want. I once had over 20 tv's in my basement. While I was still a mover I ran across the bowling machine I have now, and restored. I like console stereos too. But after the bowling machine I have slowed down on filling my house!

Once I got a 6 place table with all 6 chairs. Practicly brand new. Nice padded swivel chairs too. Light oak table that matches. I think I got that set because the lady we were moving that day set her lawnmower right in the way, on the sidewalk. I was on one end of a huge full dresser, and tripped over her lawnmower, crushing my hands. my pinky fingers are still colder than the rest of my body, all the time. I think she felt so bad about it, she gave me that set.

Oh, and I never used a humpstrap.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account