Take the Poll.

Lets take a Poll.

Do you ride a Ped to save Gas? Or becauses it's Frecken Fun?

Re: Take the Poll.

fish_SHARK /

both

both i like peds and i got rid of my truck to save the $1800 a year for insurance

gas wasnt much of a problem cause i only had a little nissan 2400 it got like 28 mpg

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

How about because I don't need insurance, a plate, inspections, or a helmet _and_ because it's great on gas _and_ they cheap to begin with _and_ I can fix them myself _and_ they're just cooler than lameass cars.

Fun, if I rode to work I would get rear ended bad.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Fun. Saving money is just gravy after that.

Definitely fun. I think I use more gas having a moped than I would otherwise. I got it for riding to class. If I didn't have it for that, I would walk (no gas required.) The times when I get to ride it around town definitely don't make up for all the moped-fixing-related errands I ran (run) when it's broken. Then if you want to count driving to rides on top of all that (rides I wouldn't be driving to if I didn't have a moped) ...

My moped is my only wheeled transportation, and it became necessary because my knees were giving out and bicycling was not as much fun .. and because I can't afford a car and probably would not have one anyway because of environmental considerations .. and I also bought it thinking I could use it instead of Greyhound to visit my family around Ontario and across Canada .. which I have done.

Moped poet. How far has someone gone on a Ped without a break down was going to be my next Poll. And it sounds like you have driven a bit on yours.

Cleats Onionpockets /

Both, but mostly for the fun.

I definitely bought it for fun to begin with, but it's occurred to me that it saves me a ton of gas and time (as opposed to walking, or riding the bus) it also makes some trips more feasible. A great thing to have in a city like Minneapolis.

I bought mine last year with the intentions of saving on gas and to have fun. I'm having so much fun saving gas I don't know which I enjoy more.

I ride for fun.

What I really wanted to post:

"I ride Your Mom for fun!"

But that would be juvenile wouldn't it?

i ride peds strictly for fun. before i would just ride my bicycle everywhere. money hole. totally worth it.

FUN FUN FUN FUN.

peds are toys..toys are fun.

/but you can get killed having fun, you have been warned.

King Drunky JCams /

Both.

Mostly for fun.

Fun. Fun. Fun.

You seem to really be into people's mothers lately, Wiff! hahahaa

I ride my moped because it rides me.

I ride my moped for fun.

I ride my moped to show off and look cool.

I ride my moped because gas prices are so high.

I ride my moped because Wiffleball's mother is so hot.

I ride my moped because it loves to be ridden.

I ride your mother because she pays so well.

I ride my moped because it's better than walking.

I ride my moped to the end of the earth, and look over the edge at that tint spinning wheel that just floats out there.

I ride my moped out in the country when I am overtaken by sadness, so I can cry in the wind.

I ride my moped for cheap thrills.

I ride my moped because it's the right thing to do.

I ride my moped when it's the wrong thing to do.

I ride my moped from lilly pad to lilly pad. (Actually I don't know any girls named Lilly.)

I ride my moped for freedom.

I ride my moped naked.

I ride my moped spontaneously.

I ride my moped because I am so darn tough.

I ride my moped for beers.

I ride my moped to turn on the ladies.

I ride my moped to make people wnat to ride one too.

I ride my moped while playing my accordion.

I ride my moped to save the world.

I ride my moped to enhance my awareness.

I ride my moped.

I ride cuz its fun.

I ride because I hate cars.

I ride because I can't ride a full size motorcycle.

I ride because I don't need a drivers license.

Lastly..I ride to save gas.

I ride because no matter how bad of a mood i am in i can hop on and within a block i have a shit eating grin on my face that no one can wipe off.

So i show up to work happy and get home happy!

I still have a year and two months before I get my license and mopeds are just too much fun to begin with.

i bought my first bed because i'm a closet treehugger, and i take these 1/2 mile trips to the store almost daily to buy cigarettes or milk. I figured in the summer why the hell would i need to drive my car just to do this.

turns out they're loads of fun too.

I ride my ped to save $, and it sux to walk, and riding my bike to work sux 'cause it's mostly up hill the way there, the way home is fun though. Fun, well I haven't talken it much for just a joy ride as of yet, but I am sure that will be fun.

O/T, Bergw? how are you a closet treehugger and smoke??? Just curious?

He leaves the closet door open, maybe?

***Kim Jong illest*** /

i ride mine so i can annoy elliot ALL DAY!

i ride so i can sit in a hospital and not have to work.

i ride because mopeds are more reliable than fords

i ride cuz i look like a bobble head in a helmet

i ride so others have something to laugh about.

i ride cuz i love to burn money.

(DUDE YOU'RE A SAINT)

oddly enough, i'm a vegetarian too, so lets add another one to my hypocracy :)

About 5 years ago i tried to change many things about my life, i even quit smoking. about a year ago i had one at a wedding and that pretty much tossed the smoking thing out the window for me.

So i guess i didn't really quit, i just stopped.

I'm working on it. you know, if i hadn't known everything as a teenager and fully realized how much smoking get ingrained in your mind, i never would have started ... 20/20 right.

It's not even the nicotine that's the problem when quitting, it's the "what the hell do i do now"

I ride for both reasons.

ride moped for fun.

ride bicycle to save gas.

Both!

Its nice when im broke and the change in the couch will get me to work.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account