Tire suggestions... Sava? IRC?

alright.. well, here's what i'm debating.

my front tire is a badly dry rotted michelin. it NEEDS to be replaced. my rear tire is a halfway decent looking IRC NC21. to me... this leaves two options. put another NC21 up front, or replace both tires. i'm not one to mix and match, i always have four matched tires on my cars. mixing tires negatively affects handling on cars, i dont see why a moped would be any different.

so... i'm looking at a either replacement NC21 (and a new tube, of course) for the front:

http://dratv.stores.yahoo.net/irc225x17.html

...or perhaps that Sava sport deal for 50 something dollars with two tires and two tubes.

...or maybe a pair of tires in some other brand, suggestions? i like the styling of the sava tires a lot, but from what i read on here they are very susceptible to punctures which worries me a bit. the IRC seems like a decent enough tire, but it looks a little dirtbike-ish. is there anything else out there with sportier styling/handling, like the sava's?

by the way, these are for a Honda PA50II if that matters.

Re: Tire suggestions... Sava? IRC?

sorry, i meant NR21 is the model IRC tire that i have

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

I like the IRC NR53 really good tires. I've had it on for a good 2000 or so miles and it still has good tread. Other people really like the Michelin Gazelles they have incredible traction and a really agressive tread for a bit of offroading if needed. Really stiff tires too. I'm putting those on a Honda Cub I just picked up.

I really like the look and price of those NR53's, thanks! How are they in wet weather? I don't really need an aggressive tread, the most "off roading" i'll be doing is the occasional dirt road. :)

They perform well in wet. They are a slick style, but have decent tread. Of course, I wasn't hitting corners like I would when dry, but I never felt them slipping out from under me.

And to elaborate on the Gazelles, they are definitely a road tire, just with a really aggressive tread. They are very popular among people who kit their bikes out because of their stiffness and grip.

fish_SHARK /

the gazelles are great, i have tons of miles on mine and they show almost no ware. though they are a pain in the ass to change, the sidewalls are extremely stiff, resulting in my poping tubes a few times. now i just take it to the local bike shop for them to do it.

though for my next set of tires im going with the sava's

« Go to Topic — end of thread