Tire suggestions... Sava? IRC?

alright.. well, here's what i'm debating.

my front tire is a badly dry rotted michelin. it NEEDS to be replaced. my rear tire is a halfway decent looking IRC NC21. to me... this leaves two options. put another NC21 up front, or replace both tires. i'm not one to mix and match, i always have four matched tires on my cars. mixing tires negatively affects handling on cars, i dont see why a moped would be any different.

so... i'm looking at a either replacement NC21 (and a new tube, of course) for the front:

http://dratv.stores.yahoo.net/irc225x17.html

...or perhaps that Sava sport deal for 50 something dollars with two tires and two tubes.

...or maybe a pair of tires in some other brand, suggestions? i like the styling of the sava tires a lot, but from what i read on here they are very susceptible to punctures which worries me a bit. the IRC seems like a decent enough tire, but it looks a little dirtbike-ish. is there anything else out there with sportier styling/handling, like the sava's?

by the way, these are for a Honda PA50II if that matters.

Re: Tire suggestions... Sava? IRC?

sorry, i meant NR21 is the model IRC tire that i have

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

I like the IRC NR53 really good tires. I've had it on for a good 2000 or so miles and it still has good tread. Other people really like the Michelin Gazelles they have incredible traction and a really agressive tread for a bit of offroading if needed. Really stiff tires too. I'm putting those on a Honda Cub I just picked up.

I really like the look and price of those NR53's, thanks! How are they in wet weather? I don't really need an aggressive tread, the most "off roading" i'll be doing is the occasional dirt road. :)

They perform well in wet. They are a slick style, but have decent tread. Of course, I wasn't hitting corners like I would when dry, but I never felt them slipping out from under me.

And to elaborate on the Gazelles, they are definitely a road tire, just with a really aggressive tread. They are very popular among people who kit their bikes out because of their stiffness and grip.

fish_SHARK /

the gazelles are great, i have tons of miles on mine and they show almost no ware. though they are a pain in the ass to change, the sidewalls are extremely stiff, resulting in my poping tubes a few times. now i just take it to the local bike shop for them to do it.

though for my next set of tires im going with the sava's

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account