is this bad for my moped....????

i just put on my new bullet exhaust and a highflow airfilter with the right sized jet...

but the thing is that it is alot easier to start the moped with the choke up and it takes a ton of kicks to start it with the choke down(25-30)...so i just start it with it down been doing it for like a week....

is this bad for my moped?

will it make the engine die younger?

thanks

jason

Re: is this bad for my moped....????

fish_SHARK /

if it starts easier then do it

FISH ATE A BARITOZ

if you can use part choke then do that, whats going on is, with your new stuff, more air and fuel can move through. by using the choke, you take away how much air is combining with the fuel (RICH condition) you may need a new plug if this has been going on for a while, and it may be a good idea, (does anyone else remember if jason needs a hotter plug or colder? hotter i think...)

yeah but is it bad for the engine and will it make the moped die younger or run slower??

no, chokes just restrict air. thus more gas, thus easier to go caboom. but it won't run like this cuz it runs out of air and u have to switch back to normal. where it can run and go fast and not running supper rich, which is easier to start but runs worse.

summary no it will not do any thing to your bike at all

thanks and if u were wonderin i just rode past a speed box and got 46 but down a hill before

« Go to Topic — end of thread