Re: Tomos?

Raymond Wright IV /

you have one right?

the A35s have more performance parts.

i miss mine.

Tyrone Biggumss /

yea i have a55 tomos streetmate and a35 lx

looking into a puch because puch is an awsome name.

Parts are expensive, and here in Canada repair shops are extremely scarce and very long distances apart. I just discovered that apparently to replace a connecting rod bearing I may have to buy a crankshaft .. $180 new . not a good recommendation. Once you're past the basic maintenance it becomes increasingly difficult to do your own repairs because custom made tools are required, including bearing pullers.

However, Tomos is built very strong, and under normal use should last nearly forever. There may be a problem with the new model, A55 engine's oil pump 'clutch'. It had been reported to wear out at 500 miles, and Tomos is said to be unwilling to create a replacement.

'Powering up' your engine with speed kits is likely to cause more wear and repair.

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

IMO Tomos is the only manufacturer shipping to North America. Moped repair shops are few and far between in both the USA and Canada. I think crank-shafts can be split for bearing replacement but it must be performed by a machine shop that is experienced and has the proper equipment. It is usually cheaper to buy new. Jim

when you say "oil pump

Tyrone Biggumss /

oil injector is shit on all tomos i never trust them

« Go to Topic — end of thread