Puch vs Puch Maxi, advice needed

Hey everyone,

I just found a nice deal on a 1978 Puch. The engine isn't seized but it doesn't run. He's selling it for under 200 dollars.

It seems like a good deal to me, but he didn't specify whether or not it is a Puch Maxi. Is a Maxi much better than the standard Puch?

check out the attached picture and tell me what you think.

Mark

1210612926_puch.jpg

Re: Puch vs Puch Maxi, advice needed

That's a Puch Newport. Exactly the same as a Puch Maxi except for the paint and decals.

thanks gabe.

Wow! How would you say this deal is. a 1974 and a 1978... neither run but the 1978's engine turns over fine.

200 bucks for the both of them

can i have one?? or buy one!!!!

where are you, cleveland?

Its in new england but I'm only looking to have one of them running, the other will probably be parts. I'll sell what I can.

Assuming I have it

Mark

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Don't even think twice about it. Go pick those up right now!

yeah, for sure a score, and if you want to sell a rear wheel, give me a holler.

I thought sometimes that the Puch Newports had oil injection, though. That might be the only difference.

well one of these, the 74, is rusty and broken, the other one, the 78... it has 7000 miles on it and doesnt run.

I still feel like its a good deal for 200 dollars, but I wonder if I'll be able to fix it.

7000 miles is a lot, am I going to need to buy a new engine for this?

I'm having a hard time finding Puch seats (granted I havent been actively looking for too long).

Mark

grab dem both, everything can be fixed, replaced, or parted out and it will be worth it either way, seats are easy just ask in buy/sell.

buy em for sure dude. worth that in parts alone.

Burlington eh? my home away from home... you might no Nick Girard or Chris Pamboukes, fellow ped riders from the Btown.

toe fur threadkiller /

my guess is that cleveland kevin is from cleveland.

buy them.

« Go to Topic — end of thread