New owner of an old toy

Gooch Warmer /

Just picked up a 77 Foxi GT for $50 from a farmer out in Wasilla...I have the engine (seized up) broken free and most of the bike tore down to the frame...It has the Sachs 504/1A engine but I am missing the carb assembly, air intake and chains.

Where would I find some info as to what replacement carb I could get? Would any carb would work?

If I am missing both chains does anyone know the length or how many links are standard for a 77 Foxi?

Thanks for the help and I am sure to have more questions as more problems are discovered....

Re: New owner of an old toy

BryAn eurism /

Myron's has a FEW 12mm Bing carbs (can't get anything else to drop in on that intake pipe). Hopefully you've got the white square front part of the airbox so you can at least have choke. You'll be running a 58 jet with a piece of No Nonsense or whatever they call pantyhose these days

You will have mucho fun getting all the crap out of that gas tank; below the petcock lies another cup or so worth of fluid that never reaches the fuel line

motor chain you can get at bicycle shop (as "heavy duty freestyle" chain, get 110 links and shorten PRN) along with the pedal chain

A Puch Magnum gas valve fits on the tank, points may need cleaning, condensers hardly ever crap out, goes for ignition coil tambien. Sealed beam headlight is prone to burning out, contact Myron's for upgrade

Any old regular ATF in the tranny, just fill it from the SIDE hole.

Only way in hell it'll go over 27 is with a TOMOS Biturbo that has the flange sliced off, you can expect about 33-35, extremely hard to port, you are welcome to try the Athena kit offered by Treats or MWH and tell us about it

BTW the top round chrome RUN/OFF cap will ground out across the 2 posts inside if you hammer down that screw, you will have to spend many hours re-bending the clamp and cap, or throw it away to get the spark back while touching the post to the handlebar to shut off the motor

HTH, wrote a book here

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=7&i=88934&t=88856

hi, andrewhed wrote this for someone wanting to tune their foxi faster.

if you use the search under performance tuning, or repair for foxi, you will find a lot of info.

good luck

Gooch Warmer /

Thanks for the link. So if I have to buy a new carb anyhoo, would it make sence to up to a 15mm and get a new intake to get as much HP as possible?

shoot dude i would go bigger then 15 i think. i just bought a 17 for my ped. i haven't put it on yet, so i can't tell you anything abouth the performance gain.

bump

I had read somewhere that the round "Puch" style bing can be modified to fit, It seems you had to grind the fake bolt head off the bowl and it would fit, search for it though or find a ruined bing to try it with.

use the search function.. it serves wonders and doesn't clog bandwidth... these questions have already been asked very recently.

do you have a picture of your foxi?

Gooch Warmer /

This was after I had stripped her down and pulled the engine. I wasn't smart enough to take a pic prior.....

1210690714_foxi__2.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account