If I had to have a scooter

Re: If I had to have a scooter

i would go for any vintage scooter that ran. they all can look cool

-Unholysmokers - Chad Ferguson /

It's a beauty....but parts for that will make mopeds seem like toys in comparison.

I love old Vespas, the GT's and the old handlebar bikes especially.

i was never a big fan of the older style vespas for some reason. i love the later 70's P models and small bodies the best, looks-wise.

if i had to have a scooter it would be a tough call. well, not even if i had to, because i have no issue with scooters.

im kinda getting into the 80's ones a lot. when they got all gross and futuristic right before they became more modern looking. like the old Aeros and stuff. those are kinda cool.

My reasonable wish would be a Sport 100 or Primavera. My slightly unreasonable one would be an SS180, and my dream scooter would be a Lambreta TV175.

yeah those are nice

the scoot i want is a cushman road king an american classic

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

ugh. that plus a scarf and a latte. YACK!

I used to have one of those.

Smallframes are where it's at. PK's are the ultimate in gross futureistic 80's awesomeness.

i would love a vespa, i found this pic, so i thought i would post it.

1210483361_exploded_vespa.jpg

whoa. cool

That is a rad photo.

I have a small frame and I love it. I would rather have a Primavera but the 100 Sport is still pretty cool. The photo I attached is of mine before I did a bunch of work to it. It's quick as hell but only gets up to about 55 and it's a goddamn money pit. I paid $1,200 not running and have put another $800+ into it. I could easily drop another $500 on performance parts to make it completely ridiculous but it would seriously be scary at that point.

I love vintage Vespa's a _lot_ but they are money pits and it's hard to justify. I could have bought half a dozen sweet mopeds instead of this one scooter. Or a cherry C70 and 3 or 4 sweet mopeds.

I am thinking about selling it to buy an '08 Sprint a C70 but I can't decide.

1210485993_img_5478.jpg

everyone in this thread has failed, nuff said

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

I had a similar bike in the sixties. My knees would hit the spare tire. Jim

Why are we still talking about scooters? If satan rode a motor vehicle, it would be scooter. And that is not a compliment.

Bull. Vintage scooters are just as cool as vintage mopeds. I had a '50s model Cushman Eagle as a kid growing up on a farm. I love the old Vespas and Lambrettas, and a few other obscure brands. I am NOT talking about Chinese scooters here. I like a lot of things besides mopeds, including motorcycles and cars. I plan to get a used Enfield Bullet. I have a Honda Metro right now that I'm not to crazy about, but I got it cheap, low miles, it keeps up with traffic when ridden in the right lane, has storage space, and gets 100 miles per gallon. I don't have any feelings for it, it does it's job, like a washing machine or a refrigerator. But vintage scooters are totally different. They are made of metal, have a heritage, and most of them are beautiful.

Vimy Ridgeway /

Damn right, Jeff. If pedals were really so important, then this would be a moped and bicycle forum. My Grande is basically a CVT version of a 50cc Vespa scooter, minus the snail shell.

Love the look of the older Lambrettas.

why are there so many damn non moped threads right now.

According to a lot of people on this forum, and a lot of state laws, 50cc scooters ARE mopeds. I'm one of the few that says they are not. But just because they are not mopeds (IMO), doesn't mean I don't like vintage scooters. Yes, this is a moped forum, and MOST of the discussion going on here is moped related, but there is more to life than JUST mopeds.

ケサムツグ チノカコサ /

A Grande is not a CVT version of a Vespa scooter. Soooo different.

IMO there are fewer new classic mopeds to replace the older ones. Thank you, Tomos. Jim

I have a P. They are uber reliable and you can flog on them and go 65 mph cruising. 60 mpg. Nippy, Lane split easily. Anyway, I just got a moped for my friend and was jealous. Sweet little ride. Still...not as fun as a manual shift scoot:)

this one a big old american built cushman

http://www.dennis-carpenter.com/scooters/54A.jpg

Uh No...

Beautiful. I has a Cushman Eagle when I was a kid. They weren't worth anything then. Now people are asking $10,000 for them. Peace. Jerry.

The new C3 is very ZCushman like. I think it's a Yam

yeah my friend just bought a new c3

i dont like it

I'm in the process of having two Vespas restored...one for the brothers and one for my father who used to own one when he was young...

1965 GS 150

1960's VBB or VBA (we're not really sure lol)

# daughters, 3 Vespa scooters. 66 Allstate 150( av espa that was rebadged), 72 Primavera 125, and a 78 Super 150. All complete, missing titles and the Pimavera runs( thanks Devin!)

If you ever want to sell that Primavera you should let me know :)

no pedals, 49cc Jim

manufactured by the Honda Motor Co. Ltd. in 1958, and the biggest selling motor vehicle in history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Super_Cub

Honda Cub, Honda C50, Also called Honda Cub, Honda C50

Production 1958-present

Engine 49 cc SOHC 2-valve 4-stroke air-cooled

Power 4.0 PS (4 hp/3 kW) @ 7,000 rpm

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account