MINNEAPOLIS Fix It Day

Does anyone want to have a fix it day? I was thinking of having a fix it day next thursday with maybe a bbq. I have a car that can fit a moped in back so I can give rides/ transport broken peds. I was thinking of hosting it at my brother's house but I'll have to ask him. Any takers?

Re: MINNEAPOLIS Fix It Day

I would love to do that, but alas I work on thursdays...maybe a friday could work, even if I can't bring my peds i would love to hang with fellow mopeders, I will offer any help I could, no master mechanic here but have been riding/ jerry rigging peds for years! Oh and I can cook on a grill!

hmm maybe friday afternoon. ( I work 7-1 on fridays) we'll ee what works best for most people.

see*

That would be cool, most of the moped people I know are online, i work all the damn time, I would love to meet some in real life, my peds are either trapped in chanhassen, (not a bad thing) or not ready to ride(in Edina) or in my dining room (the 2 projrct bikes I have no time for) I'am not into the moped "scene" but would love to socialize with other riders!

yeah I want to replace my throttle cable so the maxi runs and get a working head light/speedo and taillight on my my Kreidler. A friend and I might be taking them to Kzoo.

I would love to try and help out, I have a Kriedler taillamp...

wow you do? how much do you want for it? Do you have an extra luggage rack as well? (I think that's where mine was supposed to mount to judging from pictures but I can always figure out some way to mount it.)

i am interested.

i have a minivan that could help pick up peds too.

weekends are better for me.

if i can clear some space in the patio or garage, or set up a tent, we could be protected from rain if the weather turns bad at my house. also two car driveway, so on a clear day, lots of space.

need propane for the bbq.

cynthia

yes laura i do and yes it soes mount to the rear rack, it looks like a motobecane tail lamp, I have a whole kriedler that you could have for 100.00 it is an mp-19 or if we become friends it could be had for less or even free, not being twisted here but if you are a good moped person I will let her go, I have no time to work on it Nailheadrocketman wants it as well but has no way to come get it, I want it out of my dining room to make room for my beater sebring that I really want to get restored!

by weekends do you mean fri-sun or sat & sun?

wow thats awesome. Are the tail light and rack actually on the other bike or are they spares?

on the bike

Laura I love your pic of the cat that "eated it" if you can come get this thing it is yours for the taking, just help me out if you ever have parts that I need?

P.S. it is a project bike, tank is off light rust no petcock, missing a brake cable it turns over though and only leaves a drop[ or two of trans fluid over 6 months of inside storage, has spark weak though, new plug or clean points? carb is preasent but no idea of its condition

fri, sat, sun at this point, although i may start sailing sun afternoons like last year. i was working on a calendar last night.

if my hubby is home, he is my mechanical advisor, and gives me direction and would be glad to help anyone. i consider myself a rank beginner, mechanically.

if you wanted to work more than a single day on a particular weekend, you could leave your ped and continue the next day.

i think if even 3 of us want to get started, we just pick a convenient date, and see who else shows up.

i am still spring cleaning the runners. havent started on the fixers.

cynthia

I just want to meet the mlps peeps I will offer my limited mechanical abilities if I'am off work!

Thanks! I'll bring my car over sometime (it's a hatch back and how I transported all the other peds), like whenever we get this fix it day going!

yes a fix it day would be awesome, or a fix it weekend. My ped is in pieces!

yea, i might be down. don't have much to fix, more put-together, so i dont know if i can transport all that i need, but a bbq would always be nice

I would be so down! Except I work at a restaurant, so I have strange and long hours. Also my Motobecane is not running, and I would love to get some help. Just because this is my first ped. *Jeffrey

whooohooooo!!! break out the coveralls and bust out the tools!!!! seriously though whens this gonna be? and adam im waiting in great anticipation on your puch downstairs... its like an early christmas cept the present aint gonna be for me.

josh you better believe that green gremlin is in the dining room now. tried to get some work done on her this weekend but my nasty habits got the best of me and i didn't do anything. once finals are through and i have a free day im gonna get her purrin. hope to before kzoo so i can roll on that.

yeah, I have a car and I can make trips I can fit a whole ped in the back no problem as long as someone helps me lift it. I have a hatch back. I was thinking of maybe doing it this friday. I definately want to get my puch running (replace throttle cable ) and my Kreidler legal (replace broken headlight/speedo and add tailight) In case I can make it to kzoo (my friend might be coming with so I need both bikes in good enough condition to ride. I'll ask my brother if we can use his place, if not I believe cynthia was also offering to host it. I'll bring some food!

Re: MPLS Fix It Day - pick a date

i am offering to host it,

but this friday is my son's b'day party & i have a charity plant sale to go to.

sat afternoon/evening is fine or sunday

the following fri, sat or sun is probably open.

i can fit 3 peds in my minivan easily to help anyone with transportation.

if you want to bbq, i can get the propane. we can make it a bring a salad or something to share and something to grill.

cynthia

Yeah, it's a no go for my bro's house. If you could host it that would be awesome. I'm up for next sunday. does that work for anyone else?

well i say you all should do it, but i know for sure i won't be there. my older brother is having his graduation in chicago on saturday, so i'll probably still be down there.

Will you let a 14 year old like me come(I am still a moped enthusiast)

Will you let a 14 year old like me come(I am still a moped enthusiast!!!) I am a motor head too, that means I can help people fix stuff.

heck yes man, if you're into mopeds that's enough, ride it over, soon as we pick a day that is. :)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account