Bing Carb troubles

hey awhile back I was having some carb problems with my casal. I asked everyone there openion and most everyone asked me to give them jet size carb size al that stuff and I being blind never even saw there wasa number stamped ontehse things... I was cleaning the carb agian today and check it with a microscope.. the casal has a 17mm Carb

with a number 70 jet in it. The problem I am having is that the bottom of the tank was super clea becuase it has had half a tank of gas in it for quiet sometime... and until it ran out i didn't have any problems... however I have filled up the tank completly and dirst and light rust has gotten mixed in teh with the gas and i keep on crudding uot everything.

I took off the petcock and flush it with water for ever.. it looks alot cleaner... the rust almost felt just like dust not actualy rusty or anything... and then I plugged the hole and poured in a gallon of oil 30 wieght to get the rest of the rust out and tolubricate and elimite any water so re rusting doens't occur. then drained that..I just put in normal gas and oil mixture and installed a new in-line filter from a motorcross shop.

I hope this helps me... (it was a bitchg etting all the fluid out of the tank.. had to use a small hand vaccum pump for some of it)

what do you guys think about that carb size.. seems pretty big compared to alot of the ones i've ehard.

It says to use a mixture of 30 to 1... how many of onces of oil is that per gallon.. I suck with math?

And abuot it smoking it says it could be from the primer being stuck down some... maybe this was due to the trash in the carb? I dunno.. hasn't seen 40 in a while... I gotta get it back up that high... that was great.

Re: Bing Carb troubles

anyone? hello...

AFFFFFLAAAAACKKK !!

duck wrote:

>... I was cleaning the carb agian today and check it

> with a microscope.. the casal has a 17mm Carb

> with a number 70 jet in it>

> what do you guys think about that carb size.. seems pretty

> big compared to alot of the ones i've ehard.

> It says to use a mixture of 30 to 1... how many of onces of

> oil is that per gallon.. I suck with math?

> And abuot it smoking it says it could be from the primer

> being stuck down some... maybe this was due to the trash in

> the carb? I dunno.. hasn't seen 40 in a while... I gotta get

> it back up that high... that was great.

Damn Duck... Its like you've been reading here but not paying any attention.

The FIRST thing you ahould have done was install an inline fuel filter .. with a PAPER element.

(I've said here I have 2 inline fuel filters from motorcycles... but they are not paper .. and they do NOT stop the rust bits .. my carb still clogs with rust dust or crud)

And putting oil in the tank isn't going to remove or stop rust.

You will have to use one of the the rust removal plans mentioned here many times for a permanent solution.

(a paper element filter will work for now though)

Are you sure its a 17mm carb?

Did you measure it ? (the smallest throat size down inside)

Thats pretty big for stock .. thats about the size of racing carbs.

If it says to use 30 to 1 .. just use 32 to 1 ... (4 oz oil to 1 gallon gas)

Yes ... excessive smoke could be the 'primer' button stuck or leaking .. or a dirty float needle .. or a mis adjusted float level.

You could also go to 43 to 1 oil ratio and cut the smoke some. (3 oz oil per gal)

But get the carb straight first.

Go to a boat supply store and get some 2 stroke 'gas treatment' and add some to your fuel .. it can possibly fix several small problems like you mentioned.

Re: AFFFFFLAAAAACKKK !!

hehe.. Fred.. i did switch to a paper filte rjsut after posting that and i thin i have that situation fixed.. not to sure though.. read my lower post.. i changed the damn oil in transmision and now it is not going as fast.. it could sitll be cargb related. not sure.. read it and see wha tyou think for me...

as far as the rust.. it was so light that it reallyjust turned the water a little diffn't color but wasn't like specs or dirt yet... and I think I got that problem whipped. As far as the Carb size. eyah its like 3 times as big as my puegeots carberator.

in actual size.. th casal manual says it is indeed a 17mm carb and on the jet it is stamped A and it has a 70.

Nto sure wha tit means though. the bike is a bigger bike and is two speed with a 2 gallon tank. probly weighs 125 pounds.

its not a tubular fram it is all pressed steel.. and look and feel like a smaller yamaha 350 motorcycle from the 70's.

Anyways... wish ihad more info on casal... I thoguth peugeots were difficult to find information abuot.. this moped is set up so easy though.. alot better in my openion.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account