Puch Carb question

Anyone know where the ball of the cable connected to the throttle fits within the carb.

Theres a very strong spring that it goes thru but can't seem to figure out where the cable belongs. Help!

-a

Re: Puch Carb question

Annie,

The cable goes all the way through the spring and out through the throttle barrel and then back in the barrel in a hole for the ball on the cable. I t is hard to explain in writing ,but it is actually very simple. Hope this helps?

Ike

Hey Ike, thanks for the tip.

Would you know the answers to two more questions?

How does one pull the cylindrical piece that holds the washer(peace sign looking) out from the Throttle slide so the cable can be put through.

Annie,

I am not sure what you mean, but that thing should just fall out with the needle?

Ike

Matt Wilson /

Maybe this will help

carburator.gif

Matt Wilson /

This is probably the carburator that you have

Yup thats the one. Puch Maxi '78 carb.

I opened it and everything popped out plus the throttle cable. So how do I thread the cable back into part #3 and all the pac man looking washers within?

Thanks people!

You have to put the cable through the middle of the spring....Then compress the spring with your fingers and thread the cable throught the throttle slide. The throttle slide has a notch to lock the cable in place. The throttle slide rests in the end of the spring. The spring rests on the "top part" of the carb. The spring will still be compressed some. The springs tension keeps everything together. Hope this helps.

Chris

Thanks Chris! Thats super helpful.

Now how would I pull the throttle slide out to insert the cable thats not long enough to reach when not disconnected from the handlebar throttle.

InfectedBootSector /

You'll have to take the carb off the manifold. Carbs are super easy to work on once ya tear them down and see how they are put together. Getting em tuned is another story...

Do you have the carb off the moped?

Christopher /

Annie,

How did you make out with that carb?

Is it back on the bike?

It must be!

Let me know.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account