70cc upgrade kit:how much does it help???

how does it help it???

Re: 70cc upgrade kit:how much does it help???

Amazing power and acceleration.

how much faster does it make you go?

i have the 64 cc polini kit on my maxi and it is sick. I can easily do 45 without even tryin. I haven't gone full throttle due to the breakin period but im sure 55 is attainable.

oh yeah, acceleration is scary fast....

I quickly learned how to back off the throttle :P

david f martin /

It will give you better takeoff, better hill climbing... You really don't want to rev it higher than with the stock setup, so you change the gearing to the back wheel to take advantage of the extra new power.

If you have a chain, you get a taller front sprocket, or a smaller rear one. If you have a variator, you remove any restrictions and get a new belt... there are some mods you can make to it, too...

david

Matt Wilson /

Dave,

I put one on my puch maxi 2hp and didn't notice a huge difference. I have a biturbo, but I think to really get the full power from the kit you need a bigger carb too.

My puch isn't bad, 38mph 68 jet size, but I know that if I put on a bigger carb and manifold, I have a lot more power.

So if you're gonna do it get a good pipe, and a bigger carb and manifold as well.

Matt

i have a biturbo, and my moped does 32-35mph. what should i get for a carb???

InfectedBootSector /

My Maxi has TONS of power with the 70cc Eurocilindro kit. I didn't swap sprockets yet, so we will see how top end is afterwards... probably looking at about 55 mph tops with a kit... maybe faster if you do some more things to it, but its gonna trash your motor to rev it up that high in the first place.

Stick with a 1 speed gear box if you can. The 2 speeds slip under the extra power.

Matt Wilson /

Dave,

If you want maximum performance, I would get a 14-16mm carb. You might also benefit from a high flow air filter

Also I would get some larger gears to take advantage of the power.

I'm not unhappy with my setup, but I knowI could get a lot more.

Matt

all together how much do you think it would cost (carb, speed kit)

Matt Wilson /

I buy my parts from 50cc.nl. They are the cheapest, and have very good service.

I got the cyl kit and head for roughly $100

The biturbo was $35

I bought a bunch of different gears, 16,17,18th in the front and a 40t in the back The gears were about $6-10 each

6 different size carb jets at 1.60 each

and $30 shipping

But you should also get a bigger carb and manifold, maybe $60? Check them out.

All said and done for a little more than $200 you could have one damn fast moped. Just make sure to get lots of jets, because they are a lot more expensive in the US

Matt

wow....i bought my biturbo for 70.....but do they have parts that will work on my free spirit??

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account