7,500 Canadian trip url

Re: 7,500 Canadian trip url

Raymond Wright IV /

what kind of saddlebags did you use on your trip?

were they hanging too close to the tires?

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Linkified version: http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Travels_With_A_Donkey_Slashed_Out_Moped break>

It's not completely done yet. I've only properly formatted Chapter 1. The others are all there, but aren't pretty. And there are photos at the bottom. I'll get to formatting the rest, I promise.

All I had to do was type a bit, you're the one that did all the riding. Don't thank me. haha

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Also, anyone who wants to help format it, feel free. It's kinda time consuming and tedious, so if I didn't have to do all of it, it'd be cool. haha

Holy moly, I'm impressed. And I am not easily impressed. Are there any more pictures? Send this to Tomos. Maybe they will trade you a brand new moped for your '01 LX. That thing belongs in a museum.

Vimy Ridgeway /

I don't suppose that it will go unnoticed that Bob did not disconnect hyis oil injection system even though the ped was already six years old.

we have the same exact bike - model, year, yellow and oil injector intact! Man I feel soooo honoured to be connected to a God like you.

Moped Poet /

Bicycle bags - the did get a bit worn front inside but nothing serious, and I fixed that after 10,000 miles by putting a 'tupperware' type container in (no top) - it filled out the shape well and holds the bag away from the tire.

Moped Poet /

I repeat thanks many times to Mike, without whom the url would not have been up.

Moped Poet /

My sentiments exactly, JJW. Mr. Moped in Toronto wanted me to do a cross Canada for a new bike this summer - but I'm 61 years old, family members need me around a bit .. financial resouces are not unlimited .. and I also canoe long trips and this winter my throttle/paddle hand developed a tender lump below my index finger. Yes, I would sure like a new Tomos, with the new carb which has low speed and high speed jet adjustments.

Moped Poet /

Right On, David .. and not the least problem .. but of course oil in the reserve tank is a necessity .. I rarely let it go below 1/2, and just bought Amsoil synthetic to try .. less ash should mean less carbon buildup and less oil in the exhaust.

Moped Poet /

Psycho - please make that a small 'g' lest we offend the capital 'G' - I call on him for protection on the highway.

man I also use the Amsoil 2-stroke HP Injector oil. Do we have some sort of spiritual connection here. Don't tell me you also use RedLine fuel system cleaner once a year.

correction: you're a god and a saviour to all of us aspiring one day to explore this vast, uninhabited country of ours.

Wow, thanks for the story

That is real adventure and you do an awesome job writing it. On the oil injection, my son's 05 targa LX failed with 500 miles on it. The newer Tomos moped with oil injection use a rubber drive coupling on the flywheel nut to power the injection pump. His came unbonded and the piston siezed. I am worried about it because I have a 2005 Streetmate with 500 miles on it and it has the same coupling.

Re: Wow, thanks for the story

Moped Poet /

Have you written Tomos about the coupling? Maybe they can provide a substitute.

Re: Wow, thanks for the story

I had my dealer call them, from what the guy at Tomos USA said it is not unheard of that the coupling fails but it would not be cost effective for them to provide a updated design. He suggested having a machine shop make a coupling using an older a-35 drive nut.

Moped Poet /

It seems it would be worth the price to have one machined.

Moped Poet /

Just to get it on display again.

Moped Poet /

back to the top so everyone can read it.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

I've finished formatting chapters 1 through 11. So it's now a whole lot more legible. I'll let you know when it's all done. Enjoy!

Moped Poet /

That's Michael who is putting my story on the web .. great guy doing an imortant job! (Well, promoting moped travel is important, right .. not that I'm important.)

lee's anus is leefungchowOG /

i love moped trips

Great job on the 7500 miles. We will put that record in the dust in 2009 or maybe at the end of this summer, If we can fit it in. My grandfather could set a better time blindfolded and using his big toe to control the throttle. You made the ride, We salute you..We look forward to breaking that record.....http://www.themopedguys.com

Not everything is done to set records guys!

He set out to take a cros country trip and have an adventure. I'd say he accomplished that with grit and determination.

He certainly deserves (and has my) our respect for this accomplishment.

Thanks for such a great story.

Moe

In our book it is.. But your right Moe, not everything is done for a record, like ....going to the bathroom..Im not out to set a record there. Hats off to the 7500 mile man. :)

http://www.themopedguys.com

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

And he did it alone, which is intense. And he was in bear country. I don't know many people who would do that.

Oh, yeah, and I don't want anyone to think I had any part of this story or trip, other than I was helping to put it on the wiki so everyone could read it. The story and trip were all Bob. In fact, I've never met Bob, I just said I'd help wikify the story.

Moped Poet /

But, Mike, without your Wiki, reading the story would be sticky.

Hey .. I did the trip to have fun .. but .. it is nice to be a folk hero.

moped poet

Hey moped poet, Just a little friendly rubbing. Actual This guy was the inspiration to our first long distance ride. I emailed MP for some insight on long distance rides. In his honor in 2009 we will do a 7500 mile ride and set a time for the distance.

http://www.themopedguys.com

"You aren't a true pedder until you've read every word of this!" . . yeah, right.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.