Vespa Seat Adjustment

Hey everybody!

I recently acquired a 1984 Vespa Si from a garage sale. It's a great little runner and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I will be posting pictures soon.

I have a question though: is it possible to raise the seat? It has a long "buddy" style seat (motorcycle style). I have lifted it up (it opens to the side with a tiny compartment underneat) and I'm trying to figure out if it can be raised but it seems difficult. Would I have to get longer nuts that hold it down?

Anybody with experience in this area, help is much apprecited.

Thanks to all!

Re: Vespa Seat Adjustment

I guess you could go the longer bolts with blocks of wood route, but why not just sit further back on it? that's the nice ting about a long seat.

How fast does it go? I'm curious, because I've been trying to get my kinetic to go faster, and I used parts from a junked Si to do it. I haven't been too successful.

Re: Vespa Seat Adjustment

Thanks for the tip... it's something I could get used to but I'm very tall and so my knees feel like they're in an awkward position... I might try taking the seat right off, putting a block of wood under it (bolted to the frame) and then bolting the seat to the wood... does this seem plausible?

Anyway, the moped goes 50 km/hr. It's the first moped I've had where the speedometer is in km/hr not miles. I've actually had it going closer to 55 km/hr when it's warmed up, which is about 32 miles/hr.

Thanks again!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account