Att Ron Brown Motobecane Question.

Dan Webber Kastner /

Ron,

or anyone that would have any input please reply to this. Ok, i have a Motobecane Mobylette 1977. It is a great bike, and i have had it for quite sometime. However it has gotten harder and harder to start in its old age. I have done all the simple things, including just replacing the carb with a new one. I have changed the plugs, and the belt seems fine. What makes a Motobecane harder and harder to start? Simon and i were talking about it this weekend, and about the only thing we could come up with was maybe the High Tension coil wears out after a thousands of miles. Or maybe the timing needs to be adjusted. Any thoughts.

dan

swarm and destroy

Re: Att Ron Brown Motobecane Question.

The sparkplug wire wears out, if used alot it can wear out in as little as three years! try a new coil and wire, see if this helps your starting problem, and it wouldn't hurt to check the timing either.

Matt Wilson /

Dan,

On my peugeot if the belt tension is loose the bike is hard to start because the belt slips before it turns over the engine.

So is your belt worn? Or maybe loose?

Does the bike ride alright once it gets going?

Matt

Dan Webber Kastner /

It rides really well once it gets going. I might check on the belt. That is a good idea. thanks.

dan

Matt Wilson /

Tighten up the nylon 10mm nut right over the spring and see if it helps at all.

If you tighten it too much it may decrease your top speed because the spring tension won't let the belt move all the way up the vario.

Matt

I don't believe that this model has the mobymatic transmission, so the engine doesn't pull back anyway.

simon

#CrazyWayne™ rocks. #CrazyWayne /

Dan just ship the fucking parts everyone is waiting for and let a pro fix your moped.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account