thing wont do but 25 on flat road thats

to slow i would be happy with 35 mph

I would like to keep my exaust like

it is real quiet. any help souping her

up will be appreicated

ohh yea its a great moped ill have it forever

tons of fun.

Re: hot rod kinetic

I've been trying - I can only get mine up to 25 also.

The guy I got it from claimed that they got it up past 35 all the time, with him and his brother on it.

I think the rings may be sticky, or they were just lying about it.

It was probably abused pretty bad. It has a different color fork, "because the springs quit working" --- Riiiiiiiiight --- and the headlight is a little busted up......

have you tried going to cosmopolitian motors web

page to get the parts you need i found that web

page last night they have everything. i hope

you or me can fiqure this out cause i really like this bike.

I got a manual and parts list from them, but it didn't include any of their performance or accessory parts. I've been to the site a few times, and havn't found anything yet... I guess they updated it.

So far, I've installed the variator, wheels and carb from a Vespa Si. I'm wondering if it was maybe from the 25MPH version of the Si... I only had the bottom half of it... I wonder what happened to the frame.

do you have link for the cosmopolitian motors web

page? would help me alot. I got a 800 # with my owner's manual, but, like you said, nto any info about performance. Plus I know about how tech help on a phone works. Usually you hire some body who can use a 'flowchart' ie/ "so it's doing this. Well did you do this? yes/no. If yes then check this, if no then check this..." and they just go down the list kinda bs...

http://www.cosmotor.com

Their site has some badly drawn diagrams under parts... They are the same ones you'll get if you order the manual and parts list.

I don't know how their help dept. is, but after what you've done to yours, do you need it?

Beyond psychiatric, that is... Hahaha

I just got my Kinetic TFR last week, it runs great but only goes up to 25mph too!!

yes there is a little booklet selling their accessoires, including kit to improve the performance such as a smaller freewheel and other stuff too.

Don't you find one in your package when you received your bike?

mavic

Re: Don't drool...

...On your keyboard.

Some time back a guy was selling a tricked out Kinetic TFR on eBay.

It looked like your typical biturbo equipped 'ped from the pictures, but it had a big bore kit and a special set of engine cases.

That's why I saved this picture. It appears to say Polini if you look closely.

SpeedEng.jpg

Re: Don't drool...

Nifty, Jim

I wonder- does poloni make an entire vespa moped engine?

I think I'll start checking out their site more closely. I'm just so used to looking for non-existent sachs parts.

Re: Maybe a VERY big bore

Could be those cases were to accommodate a cylinder larger than one based on a stock sized casting.

Maybe the intake stub was bigger also to handle the additional volume.

Jim

maby stroked too

Shoot, if they made their own casting, they could have done just about anything. Longer crank, reed valves, who knows. It'd be a nice piece to examine further.

So why didn't you win the auction on it?

If you bid, you would be able to get the e-mail of the winning bidder, at the end of the auction.

found it

well, Jim C. I wish I could read Italian. I was looking thru the poloni site http://www.polini.com/uk/catalogo.html and found a speed case If you can get to it check out 170.0260 It's a complete set up.

Now THAT'S AFTERMARKET SUPPORT!

Re: Maybe a VERY big bore

That is exactly it...the intake "stub". You have to replace the crank case to get a bigger intake....Shitty design if you want to add a bigger carb...Great design, to prevent an unnecessary vacum leak. :)

Re: Didn't bid, didn't win

It was a complete TFR. It caught my attention because the guy mentioned it had performance parts..

Jim

Re: Catologo Polini

That 170.0260 engine case has a few modifications.

Like reed valved, and modified cylinder mounting base.

Don't need to read Italian to figure that out!

I just cant figure out what the "mounting flange" on the side of the engine that doesn't hold the reed valve does.

Re: Catologo Polini

The flange in the center is for the oil injection pump.

Si was the only moped name that I recognized. the pump bolts to the side there, and it has a hose that goes to a tank, I guess(remember- I only have the bottom half of it) The oil is directly injected, right next to the crank.

I like the card-style reed valve. really cool.

Re: maby stroked too

I emailed cosmotors and they have all kinds

of speed products. Thats not on there web page

the guy said they would shoot me a catolog or

some flyers. They have a exaust bigger jets

the crank case speed kit with piston and all

some more stuff to. sounds cool to me ill try

the exaust and jet first then maybe the speed pully

latter mike

I emailed cosmotors and they have all kinds

of speed products. Thats not on there web page

the guy said they would shoot me a catolog or

some flyers. They have a exaust bigger jets

the crank case speed kit with piston and all

some more stuff to. sounds cool to me ill try

the exaust and jet first then maybe the speed pully

latter mike

I have a 2002 Kinetic TFR. After riding 400 miles, I got fed up with only being able to go 25, so I went ahead and put that Polini exhaust kit on it: performance pipe, bigger jet.

As you might expect, I lost some acceleration and gas mileage (it now gets about 90 mpg), but that did the trick for my top speed. I weigh 225, and it'll go 33 or so on a level grade (if I give it time), 25 UP hills (with a running start), and 45 down hills on which I could only muster about 30 before. I'd say it's definitely worth the $150 or so to get it done.

hi mike, thanks for your comments. I have a TFR 2002 too! Ask u a question: Does your TFR handles "buffet" or 'shark' when it's on top speed? and is it hard to install the Polini exhaust kit ?? tell me please.

Thanks.

Mavic

Umm... 'fraid I don't really know what you mean by "buffet/shark", but everything vibrates a whole lot... hope that kind of helps.

As for installation of the pipe/jet, I didn't do it. That $150 included 45 mins labor.

That reminds me of another thing, though. I think that the vibration caused a screw to vibrate loose, causing a fuel leak. The screw in question is one (I think) that holds the carb on the intake. It was just a matter of tightening the screw, but it's in an inconvenient spot on the underside of the motor, so I had to make sure that the fuel was turned off to keep from getting gas in my hair. It's also one of those things that you have to keep from overtightening, or else you ruin the carb.

Besides that, I've seen postings all over the place about vibration problems, discomfort, things vibrating off, etc., so make sure you're willing to deal with that. I still like it, though.

so you just give your bike to a motorcycle mechanic and let them install pipes for you for $150?

Yes. The Extreme Toy Store, South St. Louis County, Missouri. Great folks.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account