Some questions about CHOKE for you L.A. residents.

I’m in the process of selling my Jeep and I am looking into buying my first moped (Tomos Sprint or ST) through CHOKE. I was wondering if anyone familiar with the company might be able to tell me a bit about the process of buying a moped through them. I ask because their site online, though interesting, isn’t completely informative. Are the mopeds in stock or do they have to order them? How long does that take? Am I charged for shipping? Can I order a moped with modifications (round headlight, different handlebars, and maybe turn signals) or would I have to get those after I purchase the moped stock? Feel free to volunteer any other information related to the topic. Thanks.

Re: Some questions about CHOKE for you L.A. reside

Call them?

Thanks.

but if i use the phone i have to talk to other human beings - IN REAL TIME!

Yes, I would rather ask someone on-line than make a phone call while I am work. My apologies for all you advocates of oral communication; as if talking to someone on the phone makes you a better person or more in tune to humanity. But I guess it would make sense, if I were actually afraid to talk on the phone, to make fun of me for not doing so by being sarcastic and confirming any fears about talking to people that I might have. Oh how humane! Ever heard of irony? And save your CAPITAL LETTERS for someone who is dumb enough to succumb to your guilt and your slave morality. Sarcasm is an adolescent weakness when misdirected at people who are being sincere.

Yeah...

So anyway, if you ask here you will get 5 or 6 people who don't know what they are talking about giving you half answers. If you just call, you will get one answer from someone who knows what's up. That was my thinking behind suggesting you call...guess I should have further explained that.

I understood your reply and my comments were not directed towards you. Thank you.

gato... are you new hear? maybe you need to relax and remember this is a moped forum...

that shop looks rad, very LA. wish their site was more informative - but atleast its pretty.

I'm pretty sure they have ST's in stock. I'm also pretty sure that they will modify them for you, for some extra cash. However, I don't work there, and it's possible that things have changed recently. If you're unable to give them a call, I'm sure you can send Jeff an email. He's always been incredibly helpful in the past.

Also, the reason there's some smartassery is that we get posts about moped shops all the time, and we've all learned through years of experience that most moped shops are run by people that are better with mopeds and phones than they are with internets and php. So we just call them dudes.

I probably do need to relax. My apologies.

no hard feelings gato - i need to relax too.

sometimes i have to remind myself that not everyone is out to get me or one-up me - but sometimes they are.

hope you get a sweet ped - tomos are rad, especially the new ones. run strong, fast stock, get faster pretty quickly too. i've got an 08 tomos sprint and it runs like a champ.

keep us updated if you pick something up!

Moped Game Sally Struthers /

WHY ARE YOU READING THE INTERNETS AT WORK ANYWAYZ?

lol.

Andrew, you can call the owner of Choke on the phone but it would be even better if you went into his shop. Trust me it's worth the drive across town.

That shop is rad.

And way to stick up for yourself, even if it was a bit overkill.

It's ok, I get mad at people on the internet when I'm at work too.

Chris Hernandez /

Jeff, the owner, and everyone else at Choke are nice and informative people. IF you want the mods like bars and lights and such, they should have some of those things there and there are plenty of people with modified Tomos, so someone with one is bound to be there. If I were to buy a new bike there are only two shops that I trust and Choke is one of them.

they hve st's in stock right now. He has a couple of choices on new bats as well. Headlights might be a but trickier. No xhrage for shippin or anything like that. If be doest have any in when you get there then there are provabaly more in the way.

Like others said though. Go in and check it out.

BryAn eurism /

Hey Chris the other one's not Bigass Motors is it? Bah!

Myron's has a black ST all classic'ed out at the moment & Marvy just did the same to a black LX

Get there before 5 pm 5/2 and it can yours

hey, b of m, i gotta go down and see you guys to check out that lx.

as for both choke and myron's its probably best to just go because they are busy and going down, you can answer alot of your own questions.

you can youtube search for choke moped motorcycle shop and find more than a few videos especially from the rally

Jeff makes a mean cup of joe too. It's not a big fancy moped shop. It's nothing like Pep Boys or something. It's a cute little hole in the wall. I doubt they even mess with there web site. It's a real mellow place, Jeff is easy to talk to and will tell you everything you need to know. Good luck

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account