Un-restrick

Gerald L. Perkey /

I have recently purchased a 49cc Yamaha Solaris. I've heard from different sources that with little minor maintenance you can unrestrict the bike. Is this true? People are telling me that instead of the 40 mph high end, I can be reaching speeds of 70 mph. Is this true? If so, what needs to be done? Is it legal? Will it hurt the bike? I'd appreciate any assistance that can be provided. Happy scootering!

Very Respectfully,

Jerry

Re: Un-restrick

Matt Wilson /

I've never seen or heard of a solaris. Do you have any pictures of it?

But the answers to your questions are no and no.

The bike is not restricted if it goes 40mph, and no it is not possible to make it go 70mph wihtout serious modifications.

Any time you make a 50cc run faster, it puts a lot more wear and tear on the engine... But I do it.

NO way. The avanti Cosmo goes 40mph and it is heavy restricted. The exhuast is the same as the bi-turbo, but the ending nozzles are differtn sizes... ones pea size and the other is silver dollar size.

Matt Wilson /

Geoman,

Just because the pipe ends are different sizes doesn't mean that the smaller pipe is restricted. Many performance two stroke pipes are very narrow.

Anyways why would avanti restrict a moped to 40mph?

Mopeds and scooters are either restricted to 30mph or they are not restricted.

InfectedBootSector /

Your right Matt! The diameter of the pipe isn't as important as the way it "reflects" shock waves of the inside!

The shape and position of the expansion chamber makes the biggest difference.

Gerald L. Perkey /

Thanks to those who helped me out with the information on the restricted engines of mopeds and what makes them faster.

Gerald

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account