Re: 4 stroke vs. 2 stroke

Asdf Fdsa /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

okay, i might as well draw the line for sanity sake... 2-stroke and 4 stroke engines are completely different worlds. they react differently to mods, have entirely different engineering principles, and are the difference between night and day when it comes to talking about how you want to tune. faust, it totally sounds like you know what you are talking about. i agree with a million things you are saying. my actual background comes from road racing and mountain racing (togue) a honda civic hatchback. when it came time to tune i asked my self a simple question... what will i be using it for? i wanted a shiet load of top end, wanted to compete on a circuit style track, and wanted reliability. i chose the twin cam honda b16a motor. i am not trying to shove honda's principles down peoples throats here, but when it comes to stock engineering for race purposes, honda has been doing it almost longer than everyone when it comes to four cyliners. all the engineering and research they did for their gas saving cars of today all originated from race bikes of the past. honda to date has one of the best flowing head designs on the market. hence the crazy gas mileage and power to displacement ratios. N/A (naturally aspirated) tuning has become a passion for me. i love the principles behind it and believe it is the core of true engineering. FAUST was completely correct when he was stating that if you begin to modify a 2 stroke, or even a 4-stroke motor, you have to be careful. the exhaust size, intake size, internal measurements, and compression ratios are very carefuly matched to provide PEAK hp, and PEAK reliability and mileage. i am not intending to jack with my motor in some dumb effort to make my bike louder and slower. i actually stated that the size of the exhaust MOST LIKELY gave the bike more hp in the first place, as well as torque. like i said, what was the metro originally designed for... tokyo streets... why? so kids can get to school and work... what did they need? a balance between torque and top end out of a 50cc. honda nailed it pretty well when they mixed up the metro / Crea Scoopy. however, honda is NOTORIOUS for restricting their engines as well as exhaust specs. look at the emissions! their are none! lol. of course it is restricted. honda often actually displays the speed and tach accordingly so u think u are going faster than u are, and always sets the red line of their cars and bikes WELL under what the motor can safely go to. so, if the bike says it can go to 14,000 rpm and the rev-limiter kicks in at 11,000 you better believe that the motor can safely be driven up to 13,000 safely. they set it up like that so their are fewer reliability issues and corporate doesn't have to lose money replacing busted warrantied parts. it is all about the bottom dollar. that is why you go by those stupid radar signs (at least here in CA) and it says you are doing 38 and your speedo says you are doing 42. it is all about staying safe, avoiding lawsuits, and providing reliable vehicles. i think with a few SIMPLE mods, i can uncork the metro just a little. all mods will be done and measured AFTER i run base line testing on bikes weight, fuel in tank at testing time, temperature, altitude, rider weight,etc... i am used to fab/tuning principles and know that a simple thing like ambient humidity can add or subtract tons of power... welcome to the world of N/A motor tuning. lmao. like i said. much fun. hehe. long live the scoot*!!!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction & TunTopic by: optionboy optionboy 08/08/02 08:07AM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: Chris Rice Chris Rice 08/08/02 11:23AM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: dave dave 08/08/02 12:20PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: InfectedBootSector InfectedBootSector 08/08/02 03:51PM
  No 'expansion chambers for 4 strokesRe: Fred Fred 08/08/02 04:11PM
  Re: No 'expansion chambers for 4 strokesRe: InfectedBootSector InfectedBootSector 08/08/02 04:24PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: Asdf Fdsa Asdf Fdsa 08/08/02 06:27PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: InfectedBootSector InfectedBootSector 08/08/02 06:36PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: h/b h/b 08/05/05 08:30PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: Fred Fred 08/08/02 09:37PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: david f martin david f martin 08/08/02 09:55PM
  Re: Honda Metro vs. KymcoRe: Wayne Wayne 08/08/02 10:23PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: Asdf Fdsa Asdf Fdsa 08/09/02 08:10PM
  Re: Honda Metro vs. KymcoRe: david f martin david f martin 08/08/02 10:33PM
  Mini's at the strip.Re: Fred Fred 08/08/02 10:41PM
  hawaiin scoots deluxeRe: Asdf Fdsa Asdf Fdsa 08/09/02 08:32PM
  Re: Mini's at the strip.Re: david f martin david f martin 08/08/02 10:58PM
  4 stroke vs. 2 strokeRe: faust faust 08/09/02 12:06AM
  Re: 4 stroke vs. 2 strokeRe: Fred Fred 08/09/02 12:27AM
  Re: 4 stroke vs. 2 strokeRe: faust faust 08/09/02 12:45AM
  Re: 4 stroke vs. 2 strokeRe: Asdf Fdsa Asdf Fdsa 08/09/02 08:48PM
  street drags????Re: dave dave 08/09/02 10:04PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: david f martin david f martin 08/09/02 08:19PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: Asdf Fdsa Asdf Fdsa 08/09/02 08:49PM
  Re: Honda Metro / Crea Scoopy Un-Restriction &Re: h/b h/b 08/05/05 08:34PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account